Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: Rag rugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I love these rugs because the materials are so cheap and they work up so quickly. I made one yesterday that, between tearing the fabric and crocheting, took me maybe three or four hours total.
    Raggy Rugs on Etsy Eco-Friendly Rugs, Home Decor, and More

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheets are a great idea. My grandma use to get old coats from the Goodwill and braid them. Very time consuming and heavy. Sheets are light weight and easily washed!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing those pictures...very inspiring!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I love using sheets. Recently I tried denim, too. It didn't tear well so I had to cut the whole strip, and it was hard to work with unless the strips were pretty thin (like 1/4"), but I really liked the color and the way it worked up. A very thick material I think will wear well. I used it in a 3X5' rug I'm making for my husband and I.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to have to try and make some of these thanks alote for them

Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to doing one after the holidays, going to a value village soon, its like Habitat and will buy some old towels or sheets to make a rag rug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, can you do these with any kind of sheets, do they have to be cotton and can you do these with flannel sheets. Please post your pattern I would love to make a couple of them for my house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, My name is Angie I live in Madera, CA. I was born and raised here. I love animals. I have crocheted off and on for a few years, I have made mostly baby blankets, I haven't really gotten into any difficult crocheting. Mainly because I have never learned to read a pattern, usually I do by watching or someone showing me. I would love to learn to read a pattern and follow the instruction. Anyone out there know of a simple way to learn. I would appreciate the help. I also do beading, I make christmas ornament covers and bracelets and thing like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kaya,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to have you join! Here is some info on reading patterns that may help you:

Learn to read crochet patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    Kaya,

100% cotton works great, but flannel is even better since it doesn't fray and it makes an amazingly soft and cushy yarn. I've worked with some cotton/synthetic blends, but they tend to be harder to rip since the manmade fabrics are designed to NOT do that. I've made two flannel rugs so far, and I love them both.

As for patterns, I just sort of make it up as I go along. I'm an expert at circles now, lol.