Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

My first ripple afghan

Well, I finally learned how to crochet a ripple afghan, thanks to the lovely person who posted the easy ripple pattern on this site. I am sending it to a friend for Easter...she likes greens and whites. Some stitches did come undone in the dryer...does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? At any rate, I added my own variations and here it is. I hope she likes it. Thanks again for the pattern...I have wanted to crochet a ripple for years, and this accomplishment is a dream come true. I am already planning a second ripple for me.

2. Likes Davena, slmh, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the picture.My first ripple afghan-0402150047a-jpg

4. Likes Ladyella, Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely beautiful, I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is very pretty, I love the colors too. I tend to double knot when I have to join a new color or the same color (if that is what was coming out) and then weave them back and forth in the stitches. You can't really see my knots, have gotten good at hiding them.

I love to do ripples too. Once you get the hang of them, they are easy and there are so many variations of them. Have fun and don't forget to post a pic of the next one!!!

Roe

7. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for a ripple pattern. Would you mind sharing with me at vshub@charter.net. Thank you very much, I must have missed this pattern.
    Thanks Again
    Vickie

Post Thanks / Like
    Your afghan is wonderful! Ripples and chevrons are my very favorite to do. Like Roe, I also tend to double knot when I change colors, especially if it's on something like an afghan that I'm going to wash often. I like to be able to toss it in the washer and dryer without any worries. Once you sew the tails in with a tapestry needle, the double knots don't show at all. I always leave my tails about 4 inches long so they're long enough to work with.

You did a great job!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice I love the color combination you chose and you did a great job!!! Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    That's stunning! Ripples and chevrons are so fun to make and you did a great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the very nice comments and for the tip about the double knots when changing yarn. This is something patterns do not necessarily tell you. I am now working on the Celtic Poncho pattern, which is confusing translated from the Dutch. Lucky I can read a little Dutch. Jellina Creations is a great site and she seems like such a nice lady. Pictures to follow.

Ellen

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty. Excellent color choices.