Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Keeping busy (besides housework)

Keeping busy (besides housework)-952f07fc3680b48582233220069f39c5-jpgpicot-jpgKeeping busy (besides housework)-img_1040-jpgKeeping busy (besides housework)-img_1041-jpgKeeping busy (besides housework)-img_1037-jpg While I have been learning to crochet with thread I still have done a few other things. A baby blanket with the Picot stitch, lots of slippers, a couple are size 13. Of course dish clothes. What have the rest of you doing?
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladyella,
    Those are some pretty dishcloths. Interesting design. You do nice work. The blanket and the slippers look nice too. I've been knitting finger puppets for someone. There's 5 different ones'. I've done 2 and I'm on the 3rd one. I posted pictures of the 1st two.
    Jean Marie♥

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the light blue blanket. Can you share the pattern and the type of yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladyella, you do nice work so shouldn't have many problems "conquering" thread crochet. It's just the tension that needs some work. I posted a link on the Links and Resources that you might be interested in. It can be made from yarn or thread. Let me know what you think.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Keeping busy (besides housework)-952f07fc3680b48582233220069f39c5-jpgpicot-jpgKeeping busy (besides housework)-img_1040-jpgKeeping busy (besides housework)-img_1041-jpgKeeping busy (besides housework)-img_1037-jpg While I have been learning to crochet with thread I still have done a few other things. A baby blanket with the Picot stitch, lots of slippers, a couple are size 13. Of course dish clothes. What have the rest of you doing?
    Pretty work, love your cozy slippers! I forgot to take pics of my new hand towel, I use soft cotton to make bath & kitchen cloths & hand sized towels & practice new stitches on them, I use them all the time! I made a nice little wall hanging and wrapped up a WIP because I hate to have any sitting around calling my name, lol!

sorry I have so many pics on here, I have 2 pics at the bottom of this post that aren't very good & I tried to delete them... but I can't find the attached files to delete them!!

Keeping busy (besides housework)-morebluemoon1-jpg

Keeping busy (besides housework)-blumnwrap1-jpg

Keeping busy (besides housework)-whb3-jpg

Keeping busy (besides housework)-gh4-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Keeping busy (besides housework)-bluscrf6-jpg Keeping busy (besides housework)-bluscrflwrs1-jpg 
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-21-2015 at 02:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for continued encouragement. The dish clothes are made handcraft cotton that changes color as it go along. There are some really nice color. I will see if I can look them up! Susan your work is beautiful. I like the different shades of blue.
    Last edited by Ladyella; 03-19-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found you! Hi Debbie here is the link. About the Picot Baby Blanket. It's found on several site , I used www.ravelry.com/patterns. The yarn I used is called Baby LUV (Georga).
    Last edited by Ladyella; 03-20-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked out your blog Susan, you are a very busy lady. I did try to fill out subscription but an error occurred so will try again later♥

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful work!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    I checked out your blog Susan, you are a very busy lady. I did try to fill out subscription but an error occurred so will try again later♥
    Hi Ladyella, You could call me busy, but basically if I'm not doing a meal or like you said, housework... or maybe sleeping, I'm crocheting, and when you think about how many things you can make in few weeks with 24 hours in a day, I usually do another piece after I finish one. I have absolutely nothing else to do when I'm not doing the things I mentioned. And I'm so tired of sitting around at home in pain, worrying myself sick over it, that I've become a woman on a mission to occupy myself totally.

Every doctor I've ever seen has suggested that as part of my overall therapy that I should get 'a hobby', 'keep busy' they say, and I can't do gardening or things like that, but I have found the thing to keep me busy! And the benefits of it are that I have a lot of crocheted items to use, give, or donate. My powder room has a curtain and a toilet lid cover, I have scarves, cowls and headbands, I am learning to design and write patterns, I meet people thru my blog site, and my mind is occupied! Yes, my arms hurt incessantly, but they did that before I learned to crochet. So doctors ordered have been met, and I'm happier!

Thank you so much for mentioning that subscription issue, I'm so glad you did! Everybody else needs to know this too - the way of subscribing has changed just this week, and I'm going to announce it officially on the regular Friday blog post tomorrow, March 20th, so I'll gladly explain it here now too! First of all, I appreciate you wanting to subscribe, I really do feel that the sites I find are useful and I use them all myself. I wish I'd discovered crochet many years ago, I want to learn everything about it, but it really is never ending learning.

I think I know why you got an error message. Did you go to subscribe from a link to the subscription page? I used to use a "subscription page" that was a link that used to lead people to that page for subscribing to the blog site, or people could use the subscription box at the bottom of every blog post page. Now we have a new form box that comes up whenever you go to any blog link except for the subscription page, that I've disconnected for now. Many other blog sites are using this form box and find it really helpful, so I decided to try it too. It's been working well all week, and if someone is already a subscriber or doesn't want to subscribe at that time, they just have to click on the X in the upper right hand corner of that form box to close it and get on the blog post. If you still have a problem subscribing, please let me know, because otherwise I never know that something isn't working! If it turns out that this isn't a good idea I'll go back to the subscription page, but people would always question where to subscribe before, so maybe this will be a good thing!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-20-2015 at 01:13 AM.

13. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post