Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I also crochet the ends into my work as I go if I possibly can. I learned the hard way when I crocheted a Noah's Ark baby blanket for my soon to be grandson. I don't remember how many 2" squares I made in all different colors, then crocheting them together (more ends!!!!!!!!!!), but a baby blanket it was, so glad when it was done, but it was all worth it. Would I do it again for my precious grandbaby? Heck Yes!! It was a lot of work, took a lot of patience, dil loved it. I also made a sweater, hat, booties and another blanket set. I have a granddaughter that is 9 yrs. old now. Before she was born I crocheted a blanket, the design was a bunny and the outside was diamond shaped instead of squares. That too was a lot of ends!!!! Then I had to embroidery the eyes on all those little bunnies, then crochet a chain to tie around the bunnies neck into a bow and tack it down. To this day she still sleeps with that blanket every night, takes it to sleepovers at her friends and other grandmas house when she spends the night. The blanket is getting all raggedy now, I told my dil I should make her another one to replace it, she said it wouldn't be the same. It was a lot of work, but so worth it when I see how much she loves that blanket. Didn't mean to rattle on, but memories just flood this old head sometimes, lol, Thanks for listening. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Along with weaving in the ends as you go; you can start attaching the squares as you if you know the lay out. Speeds the end assembly too. Will look great finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    One thing that might help you in the future is weaving in your ends as you go. When you finish a block, stop and take a few seconds to weave in those ends before you start another block. That's what I do and I never end up with a ton of ends to weave in at the end.

Shelley
    I also try to weave in as I go along because I've spent way too many hours at the end of a project doing just that. Right now I'm working on a shell stitch afghan for a dear friend of mine. I don't particularly like the colors, but she chose them and loves it whenever we're together and I'm working on her afghan. I'm alternating rows, so one color is prominent on one side and if you flip it over, the other color is prominent. I'm trying to weave in every 10 rows or so, just so I don't find myself spending a long time at the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    i hate weaving in ends... i did find a video on how to avoid having to do that, but i haven't been successful in color changes trying that technique.. it is a video from the crochet crowd who have tons of videos on you tube

Post Thanks / Like
    I always do my ends as I go after every row that changes color. That way when I get to the last block that's the only one I have left to do. Just the last row. Sometimes if I see that I am going to have to frog some I may wait a little longer, but usually they are done as I go. We can usually tell if we are going to have a problem... like beginning a new pattern.... maybe I will not do the ends until I finish a block or get the pattern in my head, Patty