Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm So Disappointed in my Afghan

I finished up my very first corner to corner afghan and I'm so disappointed. Half of it came out way too small. It was the second half I did, when I started decreasing. The pattern was confusing to me so I watched a YouTube video on how to decrease. I thought I understood it, but obviously I didn't.

It's fairly large. In the photo it's on top of a full size bed.

Guess I'll give it to the dogs to sleep on.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images I'm So Disappointed in my Afghan-photo-3-jpg 

2. Thanks redhead, cheri54, debcolorado thanked for this post
    Likes Ladyella liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely something went wrong but I'm not sure what. Ill think about it for a bit, obviously the decreasing somehow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was so embarrassed to even post the photo. I've been crocheting for a very very long time, and I usually stick to the easy stuff because of train wrecks like this.

Shelley

5. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this to be the easiest pattern I have done. It has to have been something simple and it compounded as you went. No need to be embarrassed we have all had blankets like this, or at least I have had a lot.

7. Likes cheri54, Lissacc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this to be the easiest pattern I have done. It has to have been something simple and it compounded as you went. No need to be embarrassed we have all had blankets like this, or at least I have had already a lot.

I don't know why I get duplicate posts like this.
    Last edited by debbie67; 01-20-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Debbie, as I'm sure you know this took me DAYS to make. And I was so happy with the colors I chose. I was going to give it to my sister who is hoping to get pregnant again via invitro in March. I'm just so disgusted by it. It's depressing.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't let it get you down. Can you frog it to the halfway point and start at the decrease again?

11. Likes Susan2014, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I can but I frogged the second half so many times when I was making it. I'm tired of working with it right now. I'm going to move on to some of my old standbys for right now... Infinity scarves and working on my boring squares for a big blanket lol.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't ever be embarrassed by posting a photo of something you did and that there was a problem. Sometimes it helps to see so maybe we can help. It looks to me like you missed stitches when you started to decrease, looking at it, they seem to be uneven in a way as they go across. I know what I am trying to say but somehow it is not coming out right. Best thing to do is just put it aside and go on to something else and maybe pick it up again. Wish I was closer, I love c2c's and have an easy pattern and would show it to you.

Roe

14. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the encouragement, Roe, and your understanding. Gosh I sure wish we lived closer, too. I used to live on Long Island in Bayville (Oyster Bay) and Islip. My ex in-laws lived in Northport (Huntington).

Shelley