Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Snowflakes

Crochet snowflakes are so easy and fun to make. They are perfect starting point for beginners and you can complete a simple flake faster than any other project.
    Attached Images Attached Images Crochet Snowflakes-crochet-snowflakes-jpg 

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jane, the snowflakes are so pretty. I pinned them to make later. Thank you for sharing. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Lynda!

5. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So pretty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi janegreen, I want to make at least 3 white snowflakes for little girl hats from the movie "Frozen". I don't know what kind of yarn to use......very thin or just regular 4-ply like Red Heart? I have never crocheted a hat or snowflake so I am new to this kind of crocheting and the pattern does not say what kind of yarn to use but only gives size F and G for the hooks for the hat but nothing for the snowflake. That looks like I should use regular yarn if I use those sizes for the hooks. Maybe baby yarn? I will post a picture of the pattern if I can put it in my pictures folder. I have the hats made but not sure if the sizes will fit the girls . They don't live here so I am waiting for the grandmother to tell me the circumferences of their heads before I tackle making the snowflakes. Thanks for your help from you experienced hat makers and snowflake crocheters! Patty

OOPS! I think I spoke too soon...I just now looked at the pattern again and there is a highlighted website for the snowflake pattern! I will still try to post the hat pattern for those who have little girls that like the "Frozen" movie. I haven't seen it but am going to find it when I can. The 2 little girls are my great nieces and I don't get to see them very often. Their grandmama is my niece. Thanks , Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 12-06-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi janegreen, I want to make at least 3 white snowflakes for little girl hats from the movie "Frozen". I don't know what kind of yarn to use......very thin or just regular 4-ply like Red Heart? I have never crocheted a hat or snowflake so I am new to this kind of crocheting and the pattern does not say what kind of yarn to use but only gives size F and G for the hooks for the hat but nothing for the snowflake. That looks like I should use regular yarn if I use those sizes for the hooks. Maybe baby yarn? I will post a picture of the pattern if I can put it in my pictures folder. I have the hats made but not sure if the sizes will fit the girls . They don't live here so I am waiting for the grandmother to tell me the circumferences of their heads before I tackle making the snowflakes. Thanks for your help from you experienced hat makers and snowflake crocheters! Patty

OOPS! I think I spoke too soon...I just now looked at the pattern again and there is a highlighted website for the snowflake pattern! I will still try to post the hat pattern for those who have little girls that like the "Frozen" movie. I haven't seen it but am going to find it when I can. The 2 little girls are my great nieces and I don't get to see them very often. Their grandmama is my niece. Thanks , Patty
    Hi Patty

I've used YarnArt Lily (50 grams/225 meters,100% cotton) and crochet hook 1,5 mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are really pretty. I love snowflakes but unless I can do them in worsted cotton yarn (can't work with thread anymore) I tend to stay away.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Roe. Worsted cotton yarn is good for snowflakes too