Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by janegreen View Post
    Crochet snowflakes are so easy and fun to make. They are perfect starting point for beginners and you can complete a simple flake faster than any other project.
    I love making them too! Yours are very beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi janegreen, I want to make at least 3 white snowflakes for little girl hats from the movie "Frozen". I don't know what kind of yarn to use......very thin or just regular 4-ply like Red Heart? I have never crocheted a hat or snowflake so I am new to this kind of crocheting and the pattern does not say what kind of yarn to use but only gives size F and G for the hooks for the hat but nothing for the snowflake. That looks like I should use regular yarn if I use those sizes for the hooks. Maybe baby yarn? I will post a picture of the pattern if I can put it in my pictures folder. I have the hats made but not sure if the sizes will fit the girls . They don't live here so I am waiting for the grandmother to tell me the circumferences of their heads before I tackle making the snowflakes. Thanks for your help from you experienced hat makers and snowflake crocheters! Patty

OOPS! I think I spoke too soon...I just now looked at the pattern again and there is a highlighted website for the snowflake pattern! I will still try to post the hat pattern for those who have little girls that like the "Frozen" movie. I haven't seen it but am going to find it when I can. The 2 little girls are my great nieces and I don't get to see them very often. Their grandmama is my niece. Thanks , Patty
    I use all kinds of yarn as well as cotton for my snowflakes, but 4 ply and worsted makes them bigger and not as delicate so I don't usually use that or larger. Just go down to the size that your yarn calls for for the flakes and they'll be good. The hat I would use worsted weight on, most hats are done in that and it holds up well in wear for kids!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by featherfarm View Post
    MeerKat, I found some interlocking 12" foam rubber squares that are actually used to make mats for children to play on. I just used as many as necessary for whatever size project I have and pin away. Stiffeners just wash right off and they are easy to store since they come apart.
    This is a great idea for pinning! Thx a lot!