Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Chemo Caps

Post Thanks / Like

Chemo Caps

I've been on a roll, making a bunch of chemo caps. I'll drop them off at my local cancer center. I want to make some smaller ones for children and babies, and some larger ones in darker colors for men. I only use 100% cotton so they're comfortable for sleeping in, also.

I lost my brother 2 years ago to brain cancer, he'd just turned 46. Making chemo caps is a kind of therapy for me, and it's a way I can honor my brother.

Here's the easy free pattern I use. It has instructions for all sizes.

Crochet Hat Pattern #2 Free Crochet Pattern Oombawka Design Crochet

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Chemo Caps-securedownload-jpg 

2. Thanks Nova55, sonnetta, ginny2228 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shelly, My Dad pasted away in dec 2012 . He had 3 huge tumors fought for 2 yrs. surgeries and Radiations. And so many fighting this . Thanks for pattern don't know why I didn't look it up sooner. I'm gonna make some for my church & Carle hosp. That's where he went to. Such a little project but yet can mean so much to someone.
    Debbie ( So in honor of my Dad & your brother my project will begin ) Thanks again

4. Likes redhead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hugs (((Debbie))) I'm so sorry you lost your dad to such a deadly disease. It's really rotten. My brother, Joey, fought his personal battle so hard. He spent his last 12 months making the most awesome memories for his family, his beautiful wife and his kids.

Much love to you,
    Shelley

6. Thanks cablestitches thanked for this post
    Likes redhead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, Guess what I got 2 caps done . I put this on my goal list to do so at end of month I will post pictures of them. Thanks again for patterns. Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome Debbie! Chemo caps work up fast and are for a good cause. I'm proud of you!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley , Hi how are you doing? It's nice to get crocheting done when it's hot out side. I'm also getting my goals done . up to 25 mins now on tread mil. also getting craft stuff done. as for house work well I guess somethings got to go Ha Ha ! Chemo Caps-140620_0001-jpg can't wait til I get enough done to take to hosp. all 3 are different sizes. Debbie

10. Likes dlj326, wkrobi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Debbie - I love your hats, great job! And kudos to you for spending time for yourself, exercising.

Shelley

12. Thanks cablestitches thanked for this post
    Likes sweetpea74 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found this and said that would be easy so I made one. some little boy or girl should like this Chemo Caps-140622_0007-jpg Debbie

14. Likes dlj326, Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love making the hats too, makes me feel good all oer to help someone, I had cancer 9 years ago so I know how it feels to have someone be extra nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ♥cablestitches View Post
    Shelley , Hi how are you doing? It's nice to get crocheting done when it's hot out side. I'm also getting my goals done . up to 25 mins now on tread mil. also getting craft stuff done. as for house work well I guess somethings got to go Ha Ha ! Chemo Caps-140620_0001-jpg can't wait til I get enough done to take to hosp. all 3 are different sizes. Debbie
    Hi Debbie, I just copied some of the patterns down and I probably will be requiring one of these myself soon so I am going to try to make one for myself so I will be ready when I need it. I think I will maybe I need a size medium adult one so I will try that first. I really like the ones you have posted on here. Maybe I will be crocheting at the hospital when and if I need to stay there ...I really don't know yet how soon I will be up to crocheting or where I will be after surgery. I really don't know what to expect yet.....And my car is on the blink.... again!
    It's so nice ...what you are doing for the people who need a boost in morale. Love and hugs,Patty