Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Chemo Caps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I've been on a roll, making a bunch of chemo caps. I'll drop them off at my local cancer center. I want to make some smaller ones for children and babies, and some larger ones in darker colors for men. I only use 100% cotton so they're comfortable for sleeping in, also.

I lost my brother 2 years ago to brain cancer, he'd just turned 46. Making chemo caps is a kind of therapy for me, and it's a way I can honor my brother.

Here's the easy free pattern I use. It has instructions for all sizes.

Crochet Hat Pattern #2 Free Crochet Pattern Oombawka Design Crochet

Shelley
    Hi Shelley. I am sorry about your loss. I lost my husband to melanoma in 1988. My mother died of lung cancer in 1998 and my sister died of lung cancer also in 2000. It is very devastating to see them go that way and I really miss them all so much. Now I am going to be battling breast cancer so I just want to tell you that I know patients will be appreciating what a lot of people are doing by making chemo caps for nursing homes and hospitals. Thanks to all of you who are involved in those projects. XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 07-11-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. I lost my mother and younger sister to colin cancer. I make chemo caps for children and send them to Knots of Love and they send to cancer centers for children dealing with cancer. I like the colorful hats you make. I use Caron Simply Soft to make my hatsChemo Caps-chemo-hats-sent-halos-love-2013-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Chemo Caps-crochet-worm-hat-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    rileydaisy - I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister and your mother.

You make the cutest hats for children. They're all just adorable! It's very satisfying, isn't it? You do beautiful work.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shelley. I can't take all the credit for all the designs. I got some from Pinterest and the biggest share from RepeatCrafterMe.com and ravelry.com.
    They are free patterns. These gals are so talented and I thank them for sharing their patterns with us. The patterns are so easy to read and work up in no time. My heart grows bigger with each hat I make because I visualize the smile on the child's face as they receive one of my hats. Yes, Shelley it does make one feel so satisfied.

5. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes charlye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    rileydaisy I am so sorry to hear of your mother and younger sister, I have lost 3 sister to lung cancer, father to colon cancer, brother massive heart attack, My mother died of old age 98 2012. My daughter is going through breast cancer remission (hopefully), I have a sister in remission of breast cancer 14 yr I think. Her and I are the only ones of our family. out of seven. I am the youngest she is the middle one. But I have only been making the cancer caps and hats since my daughter got her cancer 3 yrs ago. So I have kept it going. I have to go to the cancer center to get my vit B shots and try to take caps or hats with me. I make a large-ish brim hat of a varied colors but the all seem to go. It is a pattern that I made up, very simple. I will put a pic up as soon as I get this last one finished. But I will have check out some of your places to get some more patterns. Thank you for them
    charlye the trouble maker

Post Thanks / Like
    redhead
    have you gotten your results back? I went through those test not long ago and Had to have 3 different only to have them tell me to come back in Sept for more test - to see if it has grown. I was at the last test 5 hours before they told me they THINK it is a cyst. So we will see come Sept. Hope all comes out well for you
    charlye the trouble maker (((HUGS))) three-fold hugs

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi Shelley. I am sorry about your loss. I lost my husband to melanoma in 1988. My mother died of lung cancer in 1998 and my sister died of lung cancer also in 2000. It is very devastating to see them go that way and I really miss them all so much. Now I am going to be battling breast cancer so I just want to tell you that I know patients will be appreciating what a lot of people are doing by making chemo caps for nursing homes and hospitals. Thanks to all of you who are involved in those projects. XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty I would love to make you one what colors do you like send me your address thru private message if it is ok if not thats ok. My prayers are with you. Sorry you have to go through this. Thinking of you (( Love N Hugs )) Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Rileydaisy, Those are all so cute great job. I just started making them. Yes it is a wonderful feeling to make them for others. Sorry to hear about your mother n sister, I understand so well with my Dad's lost by cancer too. I am taking my hats to the hosp. in champgain Il Is there a certain address for knots of Love ? Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the patterns . I am a three year breast cancer surviver. And have made some caps and prayer shawls and gave them to the cancer center where I had my radiation treatments and want to do more as my community project from my eastern star chapter where I am worthy matron. Thank you again and god bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Patty her's the hat I wanted to show you

Chemo Caps-140704_0002-jpg Chemo Caps-img_1601-jpg