Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Ruffle Doily

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty ...brings back memories of my grandma and her daughter (my auntie). I know they crocheted so many when I was young and my auntie taught me t crochet. I miss them so much. They have been gone for many years now. Love to you all , Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Every time I pick up my crochet hook and yarn, I am so thankful that I had a crafty mom and that she taught me her crafts. How precious are our memories! Thank you for your wonderful comments. ---crochetdiva

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness I remember my grandma and aunts all having beautiful doilies all over the house. Your is just gorgeous I love it! Maybe someday I will be brave enough to try making one! Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    Every time I pick up my crochet hook and yarn, I am so thankful that I had a crafty mom and that she taught me her crafts. How precious are our memories! Thank you for your wonderful comments. ---crochetdiva
    Hi crochetdiva, Maybe if you have a simple easy doily pattern for a beginner you could post it and we could TRY to crochet a doily for our first time. I am dieing to try one but haven't got up the nerve to do it yet. If you have a pattern that beginners could do it might help. I just now looked at doilies and a lot of them say experienced , advanced or intermediate but haven't found many that say beginner. Thanks for posting your doily and I think it is so pretty. My aunt used to always have a hook and thread in her hands working on doilies but I never inherited any of her pretty doilies... they were so pretty and that is one of the things I remember about her little house. Thanks again, redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi crochetdiva, Maybe if you have a simple easy doily pattern for a beginner you could post it and we could TRY to crochet a doily for our first time. I am dieing to try one but haven't got up the nerve to do it yet. If you have a pattern that beginners could do it might help. I just now looked at doilies and a lot of them say experienced , advanced or intermediate but haven't found many that say beginner. Thanks for posting your doily and I think it is so pretty. My aunt used to always have a hook and thread in her hands working on doilies but I never inherited any of her pretty doilies... they were so pretty and that is one of the things I remember about her little house. Thanks again,
    redhead/Patty
    This is a very easy shell doily. Try it! http://crochetjewel.com/?p=3772
    --crochetdiva