Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Attention Jean Marie: my afghans

I am posting 3 brightly colored afghans for Jean Marie plus the other 2 that I may raffle off, the 2 that are shades of purple and shades of lavender are the ones that I can raffle off if we do that. The other 3 are MINE and I am going to keep them. I do love purple and lavender but I can make them again in no time. They are so simple to do. They have different edges on them . I made it all up with an old fashioned granny square of DC's and the edges are pretty easy to do too. I didn't follow any pattern for either one of them. Attention Jean Marie:  my afghans-afghan-9-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-afghan-7-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-afghan-1-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-afghan-2-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-afghan-10-jpg.
    What do you think Jean Marie?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not Jean Marie, but I LOVE the purple one! They're all gorgeous, but purple is my favorite color! =D Well done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    You didn't follow a pattern?! That is beautiful! I like the purple one! The lavender one is real nice too but I like the darker purple. I like the bright colored ones too! You do such nice work!
    Jean Marie

The one with all the same size squares is real nice too!
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-20-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE the third one. If i ever luck into a stash of many colored yarn that is what i want to crochet. Its gorgeous. Kitty
    PS the other afghans are really pretty , too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Attention Jean Marie:  my afghans-folder-015-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-folder-016-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-folder-017-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Patty,
    You didn't follow a pattern?! That is beautiful! I like the purple one! The lavender one is real nice too but I like the darker purple. I like the bright colored ones too! You do such nice work!
    Jean Marie
    Hi Jean Marie, it was so nice talking to you last evening. The lavender and purple afghans are so simple You just start by making a simple granny square of DC,s. Make 3 DC rows of each shade and add the 4th color of 3 DC rows of the variegated yarn. That's one block. Make 20 blocks with the order of the shades reversed in 1/2 of them. (10 blocks LIGHT to DARK shades and VARIEGATED yarn, 10 blocks DARK to LIGHT shades and VARIEGATED yarn. Lay them out in row of 4 blocks across and 5 blocks long , reversing each block as you lay them out. Just sew them together and add an edge and you're done. It really is a simple afghan. 20 simple granny squares. Included is some sketches that might help someone understand what I am doing with this afghan.I hope you all can understand the layouts I posted Actually this is for anybody that wants to make one , not just for Jean Marie.Your friend, redhead/Patty

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya redhead, They are all lovely.. I think my favorite would be the 1st.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not Jean Marie but those are just Beautiful!!!!!!!!! My favorites are the purples and the striped one. Wonderful job. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing. Your afghans are so pretty. The last one is my favorite. You done a great job on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    All VERY GORGEOUS! I love them all! GREAT and GORGEOUS WORK! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    The afghans are very pretty. Love to make them also because the time seems to go by as watching tv or listening to music in the background. One of these days, I will figure out how to get pictures uploaded to show some of the ones I make to share with all of you.

11. Likes teresah liked this post