Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go, Roe ----- woo hoo you hit it big with this one. Congrats to you for saving all of this wonderful yarn that needed a loving home. Since the weather has been so cold and snowy, it seems perfect that you should have found such a great deal to keep you busy and warm until we get some warmer weather again.
    I am so happy to be back on CT....I missed you so much. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

2. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Michigan, we have been having below zero temps also. Could not crochet for a couple of days because my hands hurt. Made up for it today though! Babysat my grandchildren and crocheted all afternoon. Kids played and watched tv. If they needed something, I was right there for them. Great day for the three of us.
    LI Roe, you really got some lovely looking yarn today at the Goodwill. If these cold temps are coming your way, have fun with all that yarn!

4. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! You just hit the yarnaholics lottery. The best thing is that the money goes for a good cause, so everybody wins on this deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is quite the score! Any plans on what you might make with all of that?

Post Thanks / Like
    YOU SCORED! Our goodwill store never has that much yarn just a few here and there mostly none at all! Thanks for sharing your score of the NEW YEAR! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so green with envy! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. I too am a yarnaholoic (as my office will bear out) Congrats. Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! You really scored big time. We never see what kind of yarn scores around here. A few skeins once in a while and that is about it. You have a lot of work ahead of you, that is for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Theresa L;113475]That is quite the score! Any plans on what you might make with all of that?[/QUOTE]

Since the majority of my projects are donated, it will be used for prayer shawls, hats, scarves, lap robes, afghans, baby items, whatever is needed. I belong to both a prayer shawl ministry group as well as the hobby club which is comprised of retired telephone company employees and non-employees who are welcome and join also (I am one of those retirees) so there is always a list of what is being requested. The latest requests is for lap robes and hats and scarves for a church outreach and abused womens shelter.

LI Roe

11. Likes amanda liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Roe! What a great deal you got!!! You know we are all jealous! Ha, ha! Seriously, we are all so happy for you. Don't you just LOVE a good bargain? Well....you got one girl!!!
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sweet Sue;113460]Congratulations! You just hit the yarnaholics lottery. The best thing is that the money goes for a good cause, so everybody wins on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right, the money goes to a good cause and the yarn turns into items for the outreaches, abused womens shelters, etc. Everybody wins!!!

Roe

14. Likes amanda, seashells_Shelly liked this post