Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, im loving your afghan thats where Im trying to get to because I just need a teacher
    to help me on how to make different things but I really love your afghan.

Keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job- the colors are fabulous.

Post Thanks / Like
    you done a very nice job on your afghans

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, You do wonderful work! Your afghan is beautiful. Great choice of colors. Thanks for sharing!!
    Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Shades of Lavender Afghan is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Patty what can I say GIVE IT TO ME ???? NO I mean its Beautiful & would be perfect in my BR. Good Job. Susan MJ
    Susan you really could almost cover a bed with it. It wouldn't take very many rows around it to enlarge it and it could be a bedspread! I have a second one that is shades of purple started but now is just waiting for me to get back to it. It is going to be just like the shades of lavender one... where am I going to put it?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! I don't know. I have my wrap around crocheted coat ready to wear except it isn't going to end up as a wrap around coat ... I am adding 5 button down the front and I can find only 4 matching ones in my button jar. I want 5 so I will have to go and buy some I guess. I used to find jars of old buttons at yard sales a or Goodwill store but I haven't seen any OLD button collections any where for many years.....( LIGHTBULB!!!!!! ) does anyone have 5 big matching buttons in your box that you don't want? I need shades of lavender, purple or moss green! And about the size of a quarter. I am going to attach loops to go over the buttons instead of button holes. If I don't find some in the right color I will just paint them with matching glitter paint! I have another idea.... maybe big flat washers with holes in the center could be covered with yarn.... that sounds good. Maybe all isn't lost yet!!!! ha ha ha I knew I could come up with something if I thought hard enough! That is the way I will do it .... covered washers! I am so glad I talked to you all! See.. you are good for me .. you make me think!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXO!! redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 01-12-2014 at 09:42 AM.

7. Likes N/A, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica27 View Post
    Wow, im loving your afghan thats where Im trying to get to because I just need a teacher
    to help me on how to make different things but I really love your afghan.

Keep up the good work
    Erica, you know the old saying..."where there's a will there's a way!" Just start small and you can end up big! This afghan is made with 12 inch square blocks. Do them one at a time. And the stitch is the original old time granny square stitch made with double crochets all the way through except the border and I can guide you thru that when you get ready. Do you know how to make a simple granny square block? Just do that but add as many rows as you want to make it bigger.. My blocks are 3 rows of each shade.I reversed the shades on every other block to make it interesting. Then I did a contrasting color for a border around each block to make the blocks stand out. It is so simple anyone can do it! The border is what sets it off. IT's easy so go to it girl!!! If you have a problem ask me what to do next a I will be glad to try to help you. Love ya, your friend , Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 01-12-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love it and the colors!! Beautiful work. Carol

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty!
    I love it that you can solve your own dilemas! Your mind and mine work about the same way ..... I'm always trying to figure out a different way to do something, when there is a reason I can't do it the way I wanted. It is great when the old "NOODLE" works, and a new idea is born! Congrats to you for figuring out to use the washers as buttons! What a great idea!!! I just might have to steal that idea for some of my future projects!
    Hugs Girlfriend, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty I am not surprised as you talked to all of us?? and came out with a Cool-Unique idea, I like that & was wondering if it is missing ???? add a small Button in the center (could that work ??? A thought. I dont have Big buttons & with this Snow & Hubby cant drive to far. I want to get to Savers (Goodwill) Store. Your idea is so perfect. PICS PICS ??? HUGS Susan M j

12. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post