Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Baby blanket

Post Thanks / Like

Baby blanket

Baby blanket-babyblanket-jpg

Anybody have a pattern for this or know where I can get it?

Post Thanks / Like

3. Likes doe1974 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know where there is a pattern for this but it looks to me like it's a 5dc shell,sc,5dc shell pattern with the next row consisting of a sc in the 3rd dc of shell in the previous row,5dc shell in the next sc, sc in the center dc (3rd dc) of next shell across...I don't know how many chains in beginning row as I can't see the ends of the rows,if Row one starts with/ends with shells or dc's...but there are usually two chains between the stitches on row 2. Hope someone finds the pattern for you..Donna
    Last edited by AuntyD; 04-12-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Donna.
    I saw this blanket and I was able to kind of mimic the stitches, pretty much like you described. My problem was I don't know how many on the starting chain. It had a tight edging on it and was very difficult to count so my rows kind of pulled. Its a neat little baby blanket. The lady that made it has passed away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Amber...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for helping out ladies!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, not being able to see the first row I'm going to make "an executive" decision and say that the first row will start with a sc......using a hook one size larger than you are going to use for the afghan( for example chain with a size H hook,changing to a size G hook after your initial chain )chain a multiple of Seven ( 7)....until your chain is the length you want your afghan to be, then add 1(one) more chain ,sc in the 2nd chain from the hook ( using your smaller sized hook), skip 2 chains,make a 5dc shell in the next chain, skip 2 ch,sc in the next ch, skip 2 ch.....etc across to last 3 ch...sk 2 ch, ending with a sc in the last ch....Then do Row 2...starting with a beginning shell which is usually only 3dc, (so that it doesn't fan way out to the side of the row), end the row with the same 3dc shell like you made in the beginning. Row 3 will start with a sc in the first dc of the last row......and will end with a sc in the last dc of the previos row. I would end my blanket with a row that begins and ends with the sc. Hope this helps you. Good luck with your blanket and let me know if I may be of any further help. Donna

9. Likes doe1974 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as I finish the blue blanky I am working on I am going to try this one.
    “The memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.”
    --- author unknown.