Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    this lady on crochetville makes beautiful name ghans and makes her own patterns I think and she uses the afghan stitch I think it is called Afghan for my grand daughter - Crochetville

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I believe both are Annies.. I have most of the crochet magazines from Annies...Shady Lane was once her mailing address.
    Hi Val, actually Shady Lane is NOT a part of Annie's. I started it myself in 1980. We are located in the same small east Texas town of Big Sandy as Annie's, so that is why you may have got us mixed up. And I do know the original owners. The two Teddy Bear afghans shown at the beginning of this thread are designs from my website. They are easy to do in sc and dc. Plus we have lots more in different subjects such as Noah's Ark, rocking horses, hearts, diamonds, stars, monkeys, and even a choo-choo train. I'm presently working on a new Butterfly Bouquet, just writing the pattern and rechecking it (and rechecking it, LOL).

Carol Hegar
    Shady Lane Original Crochet Designs

3. Likes TallGirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Coincidentally, I was looking at Mikey's tutorial [ How To Filet Crochet - Part 1 and 2 ~posted 7/15/2010 YouTube ] just hours ago. It is a shawl with Michael in filet crochet and he gives an excellent and patiently done tutorial on the very basic way to figure out any filet pattern ... and create your own. He got his letters from a site with 'Kim' in the name, but he warns she only uses one font and you'll have to adapt or experiment. He will tell you in the tutorial. Fascinating stuff to me as I am wild lately about doing filet. There are many sites with filet patterns. Mikey is my very favorite crochet instructor by a mile. (check out his infant cowboy boots!) ♥

5. Likes TallGirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carolkh View Post
    Hi Val, actually Shady Lane is NOT a part of Annie's. I started it myself in 1980. We are located in the same small east Texas town of Big Sandy as Annie's, so that is why you may have got us mixed up. And I do know the original owners. The two Teddy Bear afghans shown at the beginning of this thread are designs from my website. They are easy to do in sc and dc. Plus we have lots more in different subjects such as Noah's Ark, rocking horses, hearts, diamonds, stars, monkeys, and even a choo-choo train. I'm presently working on a new Butterfly Bouquet, just writing the pattern and rechecking it (and rechecking it, LOL).

Carol Hegar
    Shady Lane Original Crochet Designs

I have most of your patterns. Nice to meet you. I just love your designs and get your emails when you come out with a new one. can't wait to see the Butterfly Bouquet one. Maybe you can make a graphs with the alphabet and numbers so I can buy it to make it easier to put in my names and dates to personalize the ghans. In the first picture teddy one I should have put the dates closer to the edge and left more space to the name and I was going to frog it and do it over but left it. thanks for all your wonderful design patterns. I just love this way of crocheting and making ghans it also inspired my dil to crochet.

Name crocheted into baby blanket
    Last edited by TallGirl; 01-06-2013 at 10:41 AM.