Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Post Thanks / Like

Mandala Granny Square Throw Pattern Anyone?

Hello

I have been asked to make a Mandala Granny Square Throw for a friend to snuggle up on the sofa with!

Most of the Mandala patterns I have found online are circle but she wants it rectangular. does anyone know of any Mandala patterns or has done any that they could show me?

This is something that I have never done before.

Thanks in advance

Nikki

2. Likes ramblyambly, spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What dimensions would you like for the Mandala throw? Are you planning to crochet one large Mandala or to join smaller Mandala squares into a rectangle? Searching "Mandala square" on Ravelry produces lots of ideas - for instance, you could crochet one large Mandala square and add small Mandala squares on either side if you'd like a throw that's longer than it is wide.

4. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    She is wanting one that is big enough to cover her on the sofa....ideally for me I want something that isn’t going to take up a lot of my time as I already have a lot on the go and my hands ache, but when I quoted her a price for the materials and time as she had wanted expensive sparkly yarn she nearly fainted, the materials coast including my delivery to me would be £45, so I charged her double ie for my time, she wasn’t impressed

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, funny that some folks do not realize the time it takes to make something by hand. Happily you let the person know how much your time is worth. Good for you.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I mean I don't mind making things for people, but I'm sure people think wool is cheap, but it's also the time that it takes to accomplish

9. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretending i'm worth $20/hr, i timed myself one time on a square that i like to make and is fast for me to work because of that.

40"x40" (102x102 cm) lap throw would cost someone $400 at those prices.

Guess i shouldn't think i'm worth that much eh?

11. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone offered me $50 once for an afghan. I laughed and said the yarn alone was $60. Some people just don’t get it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Imalefty, You are so right some times it is cheaper to buy an afghan already made than to make one with yarn or thread is not cheap when you have a large project to make.

Spoula