Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Kitchen towel patterns

Does anyone have a pattern for kitchen towel toppers. I like the ones that have a button on the top and you fold it over and you can fasten it to a towel bar, oven door or refrigerator.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Misty...I think I remained inactive and have been signed out so you might not have got the link I sent. Here is a link to a free pattern for a kitchen towel topper that has a button: Log In / Join the Lion Brand community to get free knitting and free crochet patterns and more!
    I have never done it myself so you'll let me know how it turns out.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Barbi

Thank you so much for that new site for patterns and such. I just love getting new patterns, I have a loose leaf binder that I file all the new patterns in and label same. So when you need a new pattern usually you can find it in the binder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Misty,

I posted this information once, but do not know where it went, in case you receive a duplicate:

I think a binder is a great idea. You could use dividers for different types of projects such as - baby, holidays, so on. It would be a great idea to place your patterns in clear page protectors to prevent damage.

How do you organize your binder?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link to the towel toppers. That is one of the few things I haven't tried making. I will definitely give it a try with Christmas coming.

I organize my patterns on the computer. I scan patterns along with the pictures and diagrams into the computer and save them in folders by project type, like baby clothes, hats, afghans and so on. When I want to make one, I just print out a copy of the instructions. One advantage is this reduces the amount of space I need to store my craft supplies. Another advantage is that if I lose the printed version, I still have it on the computer and can print it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Hi Theresa,
    Thats a great idea, I think I will do that too. I did have a computer crash a while ago and lost everything. But about 5 years ago I subscribed to an internet company (Carbonite) that backs up all your computer files to their site and you can restore all or any that you want. One of the wonderful things about this, was that my Mom's birthday was on Christmas Day, as I am an only child, I would always make sure she had a birthday gift as well as Christmas and we always had a birthday cake. Well she had a few strokes and was in a nursing home for about two years, on her last birthday at age 89, I picked her up from the nursing home, brought her home and of course took pictures of her with her cake and blowing out the candles. Well guess what, those pictures were on my computer when it crashed, but fortunately I was able to get them back. So to make a long store short, it was worth the price of the subscription just for those memorable pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I worry about that happening to me. I try to save things to DVD and CD every so often but I know if and when my laptop dies I'll be wishing I had done something different.

I do like the idea of organizing on the computer though because it doesn't take up as much space. Just need to subscribe to something like you did, I guess, but I am pretty much of a cheapskate, lol. I have pictures of my dad at 90 I know I would hate to lose and my grandchildren.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an external hard drive I use for backups. I can back up everything on my computer with just a few mouse clicks. If anything happens to my hard drive, the external has everything stored too. Now, of course if there were a fire or something, I would lose both so your way might be better. I liked the external hard drive idea because I could easily carry it with me and plug it in to other computers to access any of the data.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, me too. I have my own external hard drive so that I could back up all my files whenever. I also had this problem before when I was unprepared and only had my 16 GB flash drive to back up my files. The worst thing was one of my sons borrowed my USB flash drive and I never found it anymore. So my laptop needed to be reformatted and my back up files were gone. It was just fortunate that I was able to purchase my hard drive just in time before all my files became unretrievable. Surprisingly, everything was saved, except for my bookmarks which are only saved per browser. Now I always make it a point to save my files regularly - lesson learned.

Post Thanks / Like

Lost work

I guess we don't really know what we did before computers. I guess we wrote a lot. Everything was either written or typed on a typewriter. Everything was a hard copy, but so much is still hard copy, thought we were going to save trees with computers, thats a joke.