Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help identifying this stitch please!

I was doing a random Google search of patterns and saw this one. In the title of the video it linked to it said it was the Tunisian stitch. But in the video the outcome looks different. This almost looks like knitting to me, but my grandmother says she has a pot holder from a long time ago that looks like this and she thought it was a tight double crochet.

If someone could help me identify this stitch I would appreciate it.

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images Help identifying this stitch please!-tire_tread_stitch_crochet_ws_16x9-1024x576-jpg 
    Last edited by Hereforthesteak; 07-12-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    It looks like puff stitches to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Below are three videos (Cluster stitch, Puff stitch and the Bobble stitch) they all look a little
    alike to help you decide which ones looks like your item.
    The cluster stitch is flat the puff stitch is more rounded.
    It could be either one the picture looks like the stitches are jammed together and that makes it difficult to see it clearly.

cluster stitch

Puff stitch
    https://youtu.be/cQIo2tCBSXw

Bobble stitch
    https://youtu.be/jFQ1OdML1Dk

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 07-13-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Hereforthe steak,
    I found this video in the Tusnisian stitch that sort of looks like you picture. I have been looking at many pictures and videos to find something that looks like this picture. The other video is the Strawberry Stitch and if you don't look at the color difference the stitch looks like your picture.

This is the Tunisian Ocean Stitch
    https://youtu.be/Kkhp542wg6c?list=PLJDRTMAjzYtMA2MUcllZJa23uSfv9biJ E

This is the Strawberry stitch
    https://youtu.be/RXI12G7QByY

Hope this helps
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Hereforthesteak, Were you able to determine if any of the videos look like the stitch you were looking for. Or did you figure it out?

Just wondering if you still need help.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's like the red circles on here it's ch 3 and 4 dc's (count the ch 3 as a dc) and then take your hook out of the loop and put it in your first ch or st and the loop that was on the hook and ch 3 and sc, ch 3 and 5 dc's and repeat and 5 dc's ea time

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jean Marie;216186]If it's like the red circles on here it's ch 3 and 4 dc's (count the ch 3 as a dc) and then take your hook out of the loop and put it in your first ch or st and the loop that was on the hook and ch 3 and sc, ch 3 and 5 dc's and repeat and 5 dc's ea time
    [

Hi jean Marie, If you are explaining how she does the ears you are doing it correctly. Your post was after the post of the lady that was asking about a stitch she wanted help on. So I didn't understand what you were writing and linking after her post. It is not the same topic.

Anyway I read your post on the Elephant ears and you are doing it correctly. It is a simple pattern you don't need to speak French to understand her she shows you what to do and it looks like you are doing fine if you are already doing the ears.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula. Yes, it is the same topic. I was saying that the red circles on the elephant ears might be the stitch she is looking for but I think it might be the cluster stitch. Oh, I see you posted one on the cluster stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I didn't catch that at all I was so confused.(thanks for letting me know). I was asking if any of the post you and I did helped her so my mind was on that post not the Elephant. I though you were explaining how to do the ears and by the way you were right.

Are you doing the Elephant? It is a cute pattern.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Maybe it is this stitch what do you think? Choiyuk just posted it. You can find it below on the forum. I think it is the same video I posted for the Strawberry stitch they all look alike.

https://crochettalk.com/links-and-resources/31855-cottage-vibes-throw.html

Help identifying this stitch please!
    Spoula