Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Help! Lacy Circle

I am trying to follow instructions for "Lacy Circle". The instructions do not call for any length of initial chains, so the first instruction is Round 1. Here it is verbatim:

Rnd 1: Ch 4 (counts as a hdc and ch-1 sp); (hdc in 4th ch from hook, ch 1) 7 times; 8 hdc and 8 ch-1 sps; join with a sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-4.

My problem: If I follow the instructions as given, I get something which is too complicated and messy. I've been counting ahead of where I am in a circle to find the 4th ch to hdc into, but that seems too unclear (except for the first time). Also, I guess I'd need to mark the 3rd ch of the beginning ch-4 when I start so I'd know where on earth it was when I join to finish Rnd 1.

If I assume that I was supposed to make a long chain before doing Rnd 1, I end up with a circle that's much too big.

Thanks for your suggestions and help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried it and I got a circle. You ch 4 and (hdc in 4th ch from hook and ch 1) 7 times. The hdc goes in the same chain (the 4th chain) each time until you did it 7 times and then slip stitch to 3rd ch of beg ch 4. When you get back to the beginning you will see your chains. Count 3 up from the bottom chain and that's your 3rd chain.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 05-28-2018 at 09:57 AM.

3. Thanks calamityjane thanked for this post
    Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fabulous!

Jean Marie - I'm thrilled you got back to me so quickly! Thanks for straightening me out on what they meant by "4th chain from hook". I'm working on the circle now and it's really cute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi calamityjane,
    Your Welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    I knew you could figure it out.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula.