Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

always trying to find FLAT angel decorations, I pass along to the elderly

my stash of these patterns is getting rather limited, wondering if anyone might have a new one to share? Grateful, just to have you look and see.
    Shaddy
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shaddy. I went to Ravelry.com and typed flat crochet angels in search box. There are quite a few of them. Maybe there are one or more you haven’t seen. If you don’t know about Ravelry - you have to join but it is free. There are free and pay for patterns. I have made numerous items from there. Hope this helps. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    You can crochet the start of the granny square-4 sets of 3 dc's and when you get done w/the square add yarn to one of the corner spaces -ch 2 or 3 and dc 2 in same space and then ch 2 or 3 and dc in the next row and in the chain stitch and keep crocheting rows until you have however many rows you want - I have 6 rows - including the row I added to the granny square corner space. or you can increase in the 1st and last st if you want on the dc rows.

Then you can make a chain and attach it to the other side so you have a loop if you want - you don't have to. Then cut yarn and end off. The granny square you start with is the head. Decide where you want the arms to be.

Attach yarn for each arm and ch for however long you want the arm and turn and crochet back to the body of the angel. Or you could make wings and do more than 1 row or maybe it would be easier to crochet 2 triangles for wings (if you want) and then attach/sew on body of angel. I didn't have a pattern I just was trying different things. Another one that started out as a granny square became a kite. If you make a loop (chain sts) after the dc rows - the loop would be on the bottom with the head (granny square) at the top - you can put the head, arms/wings, and body of the crocheted angel through the loop if you like.

Another flat crocheted angel I have ( I didn't make this) looks like a small square in dc for the dress w/it gathered at the top of the square. The wings and head are a different color yarn. The wings look like small squares. The bottom of the square is attached to the body or dress; the top of the square or wing is folded down towards you.

The head is yarn wrapped around a plastic circle w/a sl st or a chain around it. It looks like they dc 1 and skipped 2 ch's and dc 1 and skipped 2 ch's around for the halo and between the dc's they put tiny gold balls. Part of the wings are attached to the head.

There's a bow w/a ribbon on top of the dress and so far up from the bottom of the dress a ribbon is weaved through and tied in the middle - maybe it was tied in a bow. And then just below the ribbon that was weaved in or through is a ruffle in the same color as the wings and head. The body or dress is yellow and the wings, head and ruffle are beige. It was made w/a thread. The body or dress looks like 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc. I don't know how many chains.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you ladies for your interest in helping me find some patterns I may not already have, always like something different, seems to get monotonous if you make the same item each time. Will look into all, and most appreciated.
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    always trying to find FLAT angel decorations, I pass along to the elderly-angels-kite-001-jpg

always trying to find FLAT angel decorations, I pass along to the elderly-angels-kite-002-jpg

always trying to find FLAT angel decorations, I pass along to the elderly-angels-kite-003-jpg

Front
    always trying to find FLAT angel decorations, I pass along to the elderly-angels-kite-004-jpg

Back
    always trying to find FLAT angel decorations, I pass along to the elderly-angels-kite-005-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    or how about a bookmark? always trying to find FLAT angel decorations, I pass along to the elderly-crocheted-bookmarks-001-jpg

always trying to find FLAT angel decorations, I pass along to the elderly-crocheted-bookmarks-002-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Jean Marie, sad to say, many of the elderly in my assisted living facility do not have the eyes anymore to read, so must listen to tapes etc., but bookmarks do seem to be falling by the wayside, due to the kindles, etc., Myself, I enjoy the heft of a book in my hand and do visit the library a couple times a week, just for that purpose. I have some friends who ended up having to put their devices on pillows to read from them, due to the weight of said item. Glad I can still at least hold a book. Thanks for your input, is perhaps something I could look into for the book fair, will have plenty of time by June to make up some of those bookmarks, which I have in my stash, forgot all about them. Isn't that sumpin, collect patterns, and then forget what you have? All the best, thanks again.
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this pattern for a cute little flat angel and remembered your request. I hope it is a new one for you to use.
    BellaCrochet: Tiny Christmas Angel, a free crochet pattern for you

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if you found this one.. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20...le%20Angel.pdf
    it is also listed over at Raverly // free pattern.. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/lib...ineapple-angel..
    Made To Treasure: Pineapple angels for Christmas

Good Luck ! Sheilah