Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Pineapple doily with ribbon

Years ago I crocheted a pineapple doily that was designed with just two pineapples joined together at the ends to form a longish doily that you could weave a ribbon through the edges. You could turn the ribbon so that it would form an edging of beautiful points along the outside edge of the doily. I had it stored somewhere 'safe' and now I can't find it anywhere! I would love to make it again, but can't remember just how it was done. I would love it if someone could point me to the pattern.

Thank you,
    LJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Would that pattern also have been used as a pincushion? I will snoop thru my piney patterns and see if I have something similar, probably not the original anymore, but I will look. Shaddy
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it was used as for a coffee table doily, but if I could find something similar maybe I could change it enough to work. Oh I hope you can find it that would be so wonderful! Thank you for trying!

LJ

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow! If I can’t find it here, it won’t be found! Thank you!

LJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a pattern that is similar, but it is a little over $9 so will have to think about it. But it’s as close to the one I want as I have found. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    crocheted pineapple pincushion - Google Search

is there something on these pages that resembles your doily? That would be a start anyhow, let me know, will try and find something from the clues. show a pic of the one you found similar, might be another clue.
    Shaddy
    Last edited by Shaddy; 10-16-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.google.com/search?q=coff...HNZzlO8oeny6M:

This is similar in shape, but the spaces along the outer edge were a little larger to accommodate a wider ribbon, and the pineapples were a little bigger. This isn’t the one I mentioned earlier, but am having trouble copying the link on the other one. Will try one more time...

Post Thanks / Like
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/61/01...32a2c9fe6d.jpg

This is almost exactly like it, without the flowers, and two pineapples joined together. Does this make sense? I hope so. You weave ribbon through the outer spaces and pull it up in a space and turn it so it makes a series of raised points, and it is beautiful! Especially with purple ribbon. This is the one they want a little over $9 for. Thank you for all your trouble on this! I really appreciate it!

LJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome.