Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunting for Floppy Brimmed Crochet hat Pattern Made with Cotton Yarn

Hunting for Floppy Brimmed Crochet hat Pattern Made with Cotton Yarn I have found sever made with Worsted weight yarn but not with the Cotton yarn. Can Anyone help me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found two on Ravelry. One adult,one child. Just typed in floppy brim hat in search box. Good hunting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Meerkat,
    Is this what you are looking for? Stitch of Love: PATTERN: Crochet Hat for My Mom
    Years ago I made a floppy brim hat out of plastic garbage bags and added Christmas décor. That was fun to make!
    Good luck,
    Jo Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jknemec01 View Post
    Hi Meerkat,
    Is this what you are looking for? Stitch of Love: PATTERN: Crochet Hat for My Mom
    Years ago I made a floppy brim hat out of plastic garbage bags and added Christmas décor. That was fun to make!
    Good luck,
    Jo Ann
    Thank you that is just like what I was looking for. I need something to wear when I go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Found two on Ravelry. One adult,one child. Just typed in floppy brim hat in search box. Good hunting!
    Thank you they have some cute hats

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made a few of those hats and even made some from combining patterns, different hook sizes, and for different sized little ladies. Good luck, I know you will enjoy making this hat.
    Katy

7. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You for this link, that is cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many cotton yarns ARE worsted weight, so should work for any worsted weight patterns you have. If your cotton yarn is in a thinner weight category: First, make sure it is yarn, and not cotton crochet thread. Lily's Sugar 'n Cream is an example of a cotton worsted weight yarn, while Aunt Lydia's crochet cotton, Size 10, would be an example of crochet thread (and not a suitable substitution for a worsted weight yarn at all!). I hope that helps.
    Happy crocheting!

11. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hobby Lobby has different cotton yarns of varying diameter. They are very nice yarns, not like the Cream and Sugar yarn for dishcloths. They work great for making one of those hats with a brim for a toddler or small child. Just go down in size for your hook or needles, too. Have fun, I can hardly wait to see what you come up with.

13. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post