Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need a super quick afghan pattern

I just found out that a friend was told that she has cancer again and I want to make an afghan for her quick so if you have a pattern for a quick afghan please post it or eail it to me! (merseaone@yahoo.com)
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

Post Thanks / Like
    try a C2C. They say that they are very fast to make!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do them all the time. Looking for something different. I made her one of those back when her sister had brain cancer.

Post Thanks / Like
    This pattern worked up very quickly for me, Attic24: Neat Ripple Pattern
    And it's customizable!

Good luck, and sorry to hear about your friend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,
    Sorry to hear about your friend. I have had to make quick afghans in the past, too. I really like making the single crochet, chain one pattern, but I don't know what the stitch is called. I have also made afghans with the moss stitch,
    and seed stitch and they are really beautiful when completed and fast to complete with worsted weight or bulky yarns. Good luck.

Stitch Gallery - Single Crochet, Chain 1 | Yarnspirations
    http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cw...tchAfghan.html
    Seed Stitch Blanket - Patterns | Yarnspirations

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Sorry about your friend. I made an afghan for my grown up son like this- chain as long as you want width. Sc in second ch from hook. Then DC in next chain,alternate singles and doubles across. If you end with single ,ch 2 and turn. If you end with double ,chain one and turn. Crochet singles in doubles of previous row and doubles in singles. You can change colors or not,whatever you like. I used up leftover yarn from other projects. The edges came out nice and straight so no border needed if you don't want to put one on. Hope you find a pattern to suit your needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi imalefty,
    I made a 6 inch square w/ your directions above for the afghan. I like how it looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie-How nice of you to take the time to check out the stitches! I was so pleased with the afghan I made.The texture was good while not being difficult I thought. Thanks for showing interest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi! Sorry about your friend. I made an afghan for my grown up son like this- chain as long as you want width. Sc in second ch from hook. Then DC in next chain,alternate singles and doubles across. If you end with single ,ch 2 and turn. If you end with double ,chain one and turn. Crochet singles in doubles of previous row and doubles in singles. You can change colors or not,whatever you like. I used up leftover yarn from other projects. The edges came out nice and straight so no border needed if you don't want to put one on. Hope you find a pattern to suit your needs.
    That sounds interesting. I will give it a try for next afghan. I already started a ripple afghan and am getting close to having the size I want it to be.