Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

104 years young!

I have a 103 year old- very sweet friend I have met at a nursing home I visit. Her birthday is coming soon and I would like to make her a small afghan that would cover her bed (a little bigger than a twin size bed), but not be too heavy. Something with a pretty design that is not too complicated as I am still in beginner's learning process lol!

I'd appreciate any suggestions..

Thank You

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Bless your friend. My Hubby will be 92 yrs young May 2nd & I am doing a Bed Spread Cover for a Double bed (Hubby's wish before his time ) he has held on for long time 1 1/2 yrs longer, tough Turkey.

As for squares or just 1 design check & look at some. beginner put that in Search Box for Links. if needed to see some I can give you some. How Easy, beginners, advanced?? Good Luck Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Susan for your reply. I will see what comes up in the Search Box. I wouldn't say I am a complete beginner, because I do know how to do different stitches, but baby blankets (which I have most practice with, also give a lot of room for unnoticed error lol)
    God Bless your hubby as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie, is she in a wheel chair? or is she able to get around? Making a small laprobe for her to use while sitting is a great bonus, I visit assisted living all the time, and those gals love those, as well as the fellas, and there are some great and I mean great shoulder wraps as well, that will stay on and not fall off. I have a lovely free pattern for that. The laprobe could also be found free, but regardless, those are just my thoughts. Good luck in your project, and sure know your friend will love whatever you come up with.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes she is in a wheel chair, (but manages to push herself in it!) She does get around, and in the nicer weather I bring her outside so that may be a great idea for her. Would you mind sharing your pattern with me?
    I considered a shawl since i have seen so many nice ones, but believe it or not, she says they make her feel old...(she is very young in spirit that is for sure)
    She does not have children and is the last survivor of 14 and a very independent women. I have become very attached to her and visit her about 5 times a week....I enjoy her company and mostly her wisdom. She is a very thankful type person and I am sure she would love anything, but want something special for her.
    Thank you for your suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    let me go thru my goodies and get back to ya gal. I wouldn't want to make her feel old, but doggone, even at my age, sitting at the computer, I get COLD is why I suggested the shawl. Talk soon?
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Shaddy,
    I'm with you on that. I'm always cold!! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Post Thanks / Like
    janie that is a pretty shell blanket that amray put on here it would make a nice lapghan

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie, you said you did baby blankets. Do you think you could make one bigger from baby yarn? It would be so much lighter, you could make it in grownup pretrty colors and a design that would make the lady feel loved and looked after and not a child. Make a little bag from the same yarn, [ even use 2 strands for a bag] to fasten to the side of the chair. Try it And see if you would like it. Huggs. Margaret