Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Granny Squares

Post Thanks / Like
    I love how granny squares look. My problem with them (like other patterns) is sewing them together. They always seem to be misaligned. I'm afraid I have not mastered finishing anything that requires sewing together, so I have stuck pretty much to just afgans and scarves....but i intend to venture back to finishing/sewing soon. I guess practice makes perfect they say. If anyone has a beginner pattern for granny squares, I'd love to try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janie,

It's actually easy to join granny squares. I was fortunate to have found this link on YouTube for flat braid crochet joining. There are 3 videos on YouTube and I'm adding them to this post.

I liked the way my laptop cozy turned out when I used this method. Hope this will help you with your grannies this time

Post Thanks / Like
    Giftedchild,

Thanks so much for the great post. Feel free to share any time you would like to! Appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, thanks for the linf too. I also find that they don't line up. But trial an error I have joined some together. They don't look the greatest, but OK for my use. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janie, Barbi and Misty! You're welcome! I'm happy to share it here because it helped me a lot in my granny projects which I like to do a lot. I'd be happy if you could also share some unique granny square patterns since I'm kind of getting fed up with the usual pattern. I'd like to try out some new grannies and combine them with the original pattern. If you have some I'd appreciate you sharing your patterns here

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link on how to link granny squares joining granny squares :: step 20 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! It is well explained though it is not as a video but more as a series of pictures.
    FairyNatB

7. Likes Barbara G., Janie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I found an interesting piece about the history of granny squares and there are samples of a number of varieties of shapes you can make grannies into. I have made the hexagon kind before. I will have to look for the pattern an post it here.

Granny Square History

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi crafters
    Thanks for the information on granny squares. Does anyone have a short crochet project. Looking for something to do that doesn' require much consentration. Aftr working all day on the computer my mind is sort of in slow motion, but would like to keep my hands busy. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Misty,

Do you want a short crochet project for granny squares, or anything in general? Thanks!