Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Religious patterns in filet crochet

Hello, I am looking for patterns in filet crochet of religious images like the head of Jesus, Mary or of the cross. I am making a chapel in my home and would like to hang them on the wall. Also looking for a pattern for an altar cloth. Your help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to seem critical but why are you putting a chapel in your home? Do you have a huge home and have room for a chapel? So interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Donna, The reason for the ,very small, chapel in my home is that I am a Lay Monastic (Oblate) associated with a monastery here in Maine and I spend a reasonable amount of time in Bible study, Prayer and other disciplines associated in living a monastic lifestyle. I enjoy having a room free of distractions so that my moments of prayer and meditation are uninterrupted . I lost my husband this month after he suffered a long illness and I feel the need for a spiritual renewal. I have always been able to find the space and time for the monastic discipline and now that the space is available I would like to have the room set aside just for the purpose of spending quiet and private time with the Lord.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a set of praying hands with small cross:

Ravelry: Filet Praying Hands with Cross pattern by Maria Merlino

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaRae View Post
    Hello Donna, The reason for the ,very small, chapel in my home is that I am a Lay Monastic (Oblate) associated with a monastery here in Maine and I spend a reasonable amount of time in Bible study, Prayer and other disciplines associated in living a monastic lifestyle. I enjoy having a room free of distractions so that my moments of prayer and meditation are uninterrupted . I lost my husband this month after he suffered a long illness and I feel the need for a spiritual renewal. I have always been able to find the space and time for the monastic discipline and now that the space is available I would like to have the room set aside just for the purpose of spending quiet and private time with the Lord.
    Dear LindaRae! Thank you for explaining this to me! I must be very naive because the only chapel's I've ever been aware of are those in church buildings. Having time to ponder and read the Lord's words are the best use of our time on this earth! I'm sorry about the loss of your husband, this must be a very sad time for you. I'm glad you are thinking of ways to get closer to your Father in Heaven who is aware of your trials. Have a good day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Barbara, Wow thank you so much for the image of Christ. I followed the link and also found the pattern for Mary and the Christ child. You are a blessing. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Donna, I was raised in a Roman Catholic household where there was always a corning set aside with a small altar in it. The altar contained the family bible, a crucifix, a statue of the Madonna and a small basket which held our rosary when we were no using them and a candle. Photos of family members that had passed on were also placed there as a reminder to continue praying for them. When I married my husband and I kept up the practice of having a small place set aside to remind ourselves that we are spiritual beings in a physical body and needed to nourish that spirit from time to time. If you go online you will find many examples of small home altars. I just took the idea one step further and set up a room used exclusively for prayer and study of scripture. No phone, tv or computer. Just me and the Lord. Now that my husband has passed and I am alone, this space and its purpose have become vital to me. I have only been a member of Crochet talk a couple of days and have already received two patterns done in filet, one of Christ and one of the Mother and child. I pray that this project with get me through the holidays with a sense of peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaRae View Post
    Good morning Donna, I was raised in a Roman Catholic household where there was always a corning set aside with a small altar in it. The altar contained the family bible, a crucifix, a statue of the Madonna and a small basket which held our rosary when we were no using them and a candle. Photos of family members that had passed on were also placed there as a reminder to continue praying for them. When I married my husband and I kept up the practice of having a small place set aside to remind ourselves that we are spiritual beings in a physical body and needed to nourish that spirit from time to time. If you go online you will find many examples of small home altars. I just took the idea one step further and set up a room used exclusively for prayer and study of scripture. No phone, tv or computer. Just me and the Lord. Now that my husband has passed and I am alone, this space and its purpose have become vital to me. I have only been a member of Crochet talk a couple of days and have already received two patterns done in filet, one of Christ and one of the Mother and child. I pray that this project with get me through the holidays with a sense of peace.
    Dear LindaRae! thank you for taking the time to explain your upbringing! If only more people would have the faith that you have, the world would be so much better! I too have been raised to believe in the Lord and his Prophets of old, and I know that we have a Prophet on the earth today! His name is President Monson of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! If only more people had such devotion to study the scriptures as you seem to do. We are taught to pray and read our scriptures every day and ponder! You have made me want to be more deligent in this very important aspect of worshipping the Lord Jesus Christ! Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    A deceased friend converted his garage into a chapel. He used it daily. How wonderful it is to praise God this way! Take a look at this website. There is a head of Jesus in filet crochet and other religious filet crochet patterns. Numbers 6:24 May the good Lord bless you and keep you.
    Christian Symbols in Filet Crochet – free patterns | Grandmother's Pattern Book
    ---HarriEtta