Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: baskets

Post Thanks / Like

baskets

Hi all! Has anyone seen a pattern for a crocheted basket large enough to use as a laundry basket? Doing rehab and granddaughter thinks I have time to make her one...lol any help would be wonderful. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    How much laundry are we talking here? I have only seen baskets mostly tote size, or yarn basket size. Wondering if google would have something?
    Good luck kiddo!!!!!!!!!!
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like

well we are talking teenager...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddy View Post
    How much laundry are we talking here? I have only seen baskets mostly tote size, or yarn basket size. Wondering if google would have something?
    Good luck kiddo!!!!!!!!!!
    If I can find a large one, I am assuming I can make it larger...maybe, not real bright these days, too much medicine!

Post Thanks / Like
    good luck gal, let us know how it works out?
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Helen, I ran across this free basket pattern, made into a pdf for ya, perhaps you can work with this to make up your basket?

Tried to upload the pdf, says too big, so asking you to PM me, so I can send it to ya. I think this is the answer to your search.baskets-basket-004-jpg
    Shaddy

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Try these web site's. you find a lot patterns that you can inlarge if needed.

http://WWW.pinterest.com/explore/cro...asket-pattern/

makemydaycreative.com/2014/10/18/rectanglular-diamond-trellis-basket/

DIY // Crochet Rope Toy Storage Basket

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct that you can enlarge most any pattern. Hope you find something that help you.

Mary Louise

Over 75 Free Crocheted Baskets Patterns at AllCrafts.net

http://chickpeastudio.typepad.com/ch...t_pattern4.pdf

Crocheted Waste Basket Cover

Crocheted Trash Can Cover COATS & CLARK’S O.N.T. “SPEED-CRO-SHEEN” MERCERIZED COTTON, Art. C.44: 4 balls of No. 131 Fudge Brown and 2 balls of No. 123-A Flamingo; and J. & P. COATS “KNIT-CRO-SHEEN” METALLIC, Art. A.64: 4 balls of No. M-l White.
    Mil wards Steel Crochet Hook No. 1/0 (zero). A Crown Zipper, 10 inches long. A scrap basket.

Starting at long side with Fudge Brown, make a chain slightly longer than depth of basket.

1st row: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across until row measures same as basket, having a number of sc divisible by 3 and 1 more at end of row. Break off. Cut off remaining chain.

2nd row: Attach a double strand of White to first sc, sc in each st across. Break off.

3rd row: Attach Flamingo to first sc, sc in same place, * ch 3, skip 2 sc, sc in next sc. Repeat from * across. Break off.

4th row: Attach Brown to first sc, sc at base of same sc (long sc made), * working in back of next loop, make dc in free sc of preceding row, sc in same loop, sc at base of next sc. Repeat from * across. Break off.

5th, 6th and 7th row: Repeat 2nd, 3rd and 4th rows.

8th row: Work as for 2nd row but work first 2 sc off as 1 sc and make 2 sc in last st. Repeat 3rd to 8th rows incl until piece reaches around basket, ending with 2nd row. Next row: Attach Brown and sc in each sc across. Break off. Fasten all ends securely.

TOP BORDER …

1st row: Attach Brown to one side, sc closely across. Ch 1, turn.

2nd row: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn.

3rd row: SI st in each sc across. Break off. Work Border across other end the same way. Sew zipper in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Mary Louise, now I have an easy problem, make one for my granddaughter, and at least 4 for me...lol. Shady sent me one that would be perfect for her, and my bath, yours I like for my bedroom...how many can I make!!! Thank you for ur time in finding these for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely love this, thanks Shady for taking the time to look for this for me!!