Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Need help identifying a pattern

The attached picture is a sample crocheted block that we are trying to identify for a library patron. She would like to find the printed pattern so she can finish her project. She thinks it was a Better Homes and Gardens, Woman's Day or Good Housekeeping pattern from the 1980's. Need help identifying a pattern-dscf3475-800x600-jpg
    Last edited by lbauer; 07-16-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lbauer View Post
    The attached picture is a sample crocheted block that we are trying to identify for a library patron. She would like to find the printed pattern so she can finish her project. She thinks it was a Better Homes and Gardens, Woman's Day or Good Housekeeping pattern from the 1980's. Need help identifying a pattern-dscf3475-800x600-jpg
    I got a similar one here but different colours. but only similar. I could write up a pattern for her. Just like hers.
    ZIG ZAG SQUARE
    charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Lbauer, There are several patterns on Redheart Yarns, Free patterns and On Lionbrand Free patterns The pattern is a Mittered corner. They have several different colors. I have looked at one that is in bright colors that would work for a teenager. It would show you how to make the block. One I think is called Katty Colors I think it is in Lionheart.
    Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like

here's a video on how to do the mitered square, not with different colors as shown, but maybe more info in side.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mitred Squares on Pinterest

Maybe you would see your square here? and then there is Ravelry, don't forget that one.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Lbauer, There are several patterns on Redheart Yarns, Free patterns and On Lionbrand Free patterns The pattern is a Mittered corner. They have several different colors. I have looked at one that is in bright colors that would work for a teenager. It would show you how to make the block. One I think is called Katty Colors I think it is in Lionheart.
    Margaret.
    Thanks you for your help. I will check these websites now that I have the name of the square.

Post Thanks / Like
    This square is very similar to a pattern called Log Cabin Rainbow on page 80 of a book called Woman's Day Prizewinning Granny Squares, isbn 0696023431. The book was published in 1990, and contains patterns from the 1980s. You can see an afghan made with the Log Cabin Rainbow pattern at LOG CABIN CROCHET AFGHAN PATTERN . Your square and theirs are especially similar in that the squares are mitered and three colored, with a black border on four sides. However, it looks as if your square may be smaller, with fewer stitches of each color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info