Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for no. 3 thread patterns

Hi all, I'm looking for doily patterns using number 3 crochet thread. There are many many patterns out there, but most of them use number 10 crochet thread. I'm also looking for matching placemat and centerpiece still in number 3 crochet thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've made several things that called for number 10, but I used number 5. came out fine but was just bigger

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

You might take a look here for some options:

Over 300 Free Crochet Doily Patterns at AllCrafts.net

Larisa makes a lot of doilies so you might also message her. Her user name is kl1000. http://crochettalk.com/members/kl1000/

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything you want to make in size 3 would be larger? if you are wanting to make table mats, would there be a huge problem with that? I never worry about gauge when I am doing things like that, seldom really enters into the mix. Maybe some garment needs a gauge, but surely place mats don't! Find a pattern you like and make it, see what happens, you might be pleasantly surprised, I have crocheted for over 50 years, and never worry about size of thread, or size of finished article, I make what I like, and enjoy the result.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You could use a number 10 pattern and adapt it to number 3 by reducing the number of chain stitches for the beginning and reducing the number of pattern repeats. This can be tricky. If it is a round pattern, reduce the number of rounds. If it is a filet pattern, I use Excel and create my own pattern. Then you have a visual of the pattern.

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post