Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Afghan pattern for pre-teen boy

Hi everybody. I'm looking for a good and relatively quick afghan pattern for my 9 year old grandson. It will be done in navy with red and white accent colors (colors of the US flag.) His room already has a rug with a bold stripe pattern so I'm looking for something a little bit less geometric without being "girly." Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a good chevron pattern? I think its something that's simple and doesn't look too girly. Crochet Chevron Afghan

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just finished two ripple afghans in single crochet and I was hoping to do something else for this one. But that might be the best pattern for his room. Maybe if I find one in double crochet instead of single it will go faster and be a break from the previous two.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya SandyHG, Welcome to the site.. I'm sure you will love it as much as I do.. You will find the members are great and so helpful... Enjoy.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Teresah. I've been on here since October but don't post often. Yes, it is definitely helpful and the folks here are really nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    crochet4fun, I see that the chevron pattern you linked to is for dc instead of sc. I know how long ripple/chevron patterns take and I'm sort of in a hurry for this afghan. I might try it in a chunky yarn instead of worsted and see how that goes. I know it will be faster. Thanks again for the information.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome. Hope it works out like you'd like it to.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a round one or a star? That would be different. I am making a star for my bed and I am using all corors. What ever I dig out of my stash. Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Texas transplant. A star might work since his room is in flag colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny I've been looking at a star pattern for a baby boy and it didn't even cross my mind for this post. I'm such a dork lol This is the one I've been looking at Chromium Star Blanket | A Whole Load of Craft but its kind of complicated. Has anyone else ran across a good star blanket pattern?