Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Do you have a link to the video you watched, so I can take a look at it. Other members will also know more info to give you correct information.

Post Thanks / Like

That is what I found on YouTube for it. it hink if I could just get the beginning I could figure it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about feeling like a dummy. Here is this young girl that says it is easy and she whipps it out like nothing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I am watching the video right now. I am getting the following:

Chain 60
    Slip Stitch to create the round
    Double crochet ten rows from here (you can use a safety pin to pin point where a new row begins)

After making your ten rows:

Decrease
    Then make half double crochets in the next five stitches
    Decrease
    Then make half double crochets in the next five stitches

After the one full row of decreasing (above) is complete:

Do two full rows of half double crochet all the way around. After this you will only do decrease rows to complete the hat.

Next you will do another decrease row:

Decrease
    Make half double crochets in the next four stitches
    Decrease
    Make half double crochets in the next four stitches

After this one full row of decreasing is done:

Decrease
    Make half double crochets in the next three stitches
    Decrease
    Make half double crochets in the next three stitches
    Repeat this until you have one full row done.

For the next decrease row:
    Decrease
    Make half double crochets in the next two stitches
    Decrease
    Make half double crochets in the next two stitches
    Repeat this until you have one full row done

For the next row:

Decrease
    Then do a half double crochet in the next stitch
    Decrease
    Then do a half double crochet in the next stitch
    Repeat until you have one full row done

Now, you will decrease until the top is closed.

Let me know if this helps you. I think you only do the slip stitch once in the beginning, then you build on the foundation of the round. More experienced crocheters can let me know if I am incorrect on any of this. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I did not add the instructions for the ear flaps. Let the group know if you need more help when you get to the ear flaps. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. I read on someones postings on this yoiung girl's site that she did a chain 1 and she said yes but it was never done or mentioned again. I could never see her do a chain 1 at any time so I was confused. After I finished the twn rows I quit doing the chains and I think that you are right no slip stitch after the first one and no chains because the rest is turning out more even. The first two rows the seam is leaning...... doesn't go straight up and down. I'm going to finish this like it is and try another one the way you described and see if it looks better! I might not even put ear flaps on this one just get it done. No wonder my Mom never taught me this!

Again Thank You Thank you for your hanging in there and trying to help this crochet dummy! Funny thing is I love it and really want to learn to do it right where things look nice and neat and even!
    Carolyn

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OregonCaro,

Later I will rewatch the video and add the ear flap instructions if you need me to. It was getting really late here last night. I may even try to make one of these hats in the near future! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. I continued on with the hat finishing it late last night, or early this morning I should say. I used your instructions to finish it. It doesn't look too bad and I am sure no but myself and those who have done this forever, can tell the mess I made! I found that I must crochet a whole lot tighter than this young girl in the video as my finished hat would envr go over my head. I will be lucky if it fits my 4 year old great niece! I

Do you have any suggestions on how to pull through all that yarn to add the braid? There is no way a hook can hold all that yarn so it can be pulled through.

Again thank you so very much for your help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Were you wanting to add a braid to the sides in place of the ear flaps? Thanks for letting me know! Are you referring to a question that relates to the video? If so, I will take a look at the end of it.

They do make longer crochet hooks to use on some projects. When I made my cell phone holder, I definitely could have used a longer crochet hook with the stitch I was using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I did just take a look at the end of the video. You could twist the braids before you pull them through (like a temporary twist). This may make it easier to pull them through. If your stitching is tighter, then it will be harder for you to get them through.