Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Don't feel bad Rack,
    The first thing I ever crochet was the ripple, a lady showed me how to do it one afternoon for a short period of time and then she moved. I ended up with the largest fan shape you have ever seen.....hah!!! To this day I haven't gone back and even tried it again. This new one called the Wave or Lazy Wave is the closest I have come to it. It is worked in DC however and is much easier. I found it on Youtube, video was on mikeysmail site. Check it out, it is very pretty when done. And the video makes it so much easier to understand and follow along with. There are a lot of different patterns there to pick from. I am also going to try one called the Side Saddle stitch.

Judi G
    Thanks Judi, I think maybe I will look that up tomorrow. Don't think I'll be in this chair too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Easiest Crochet Stitch

The waffle stitch . . . I'm in the process of making an afghan. I learned it on YouTube (just do a search on the waffle stitch). Also the Crochet Geek on YouTube is really great for learning new stitches also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Catherinekay,
    I see we are searching the same sites.....fun aren't they? I love You Tube tutorials. I even watch them when doing other stitches just to see how they are done. I love the waffle stitch. Crochet Geek is great too.

Have you done the Herringbone stitch on there yet? It is so easy once you get it in your head not to finish off the DC in the normal manner. It takes about 4 rows to begin to see the stitch pattern take shape, but it is so nice.

Happy stitching.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Easiest Stitch

Oh my gosh . . . I watch crochet tutorials when I'm doing other stitches too!!!

Haven't tried the herringbone yet, but learned a new stitch just today. It's called the Grit Stitch (I kid you not).

I used an I hook and WW yarn . . . just do your foundation row

Row 1: sc in first 2 sc, *hdc in next sc, slip stitch in next sc* repeat and do 2 sc in last 2 stitches, ch 1 turn

That's it! Let me know what you think.

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey catherinekay, I'll have to do up a swatch in the morning of the Grit Stitch. I haven't heard of that one. Do you remember where you found it on Youtube?

I do the Seed Stitch (I think is what it is called) it is a *sc, then in next st a DC, Repeat to end of row, chain to turn, Working the next row with the opposite stitch as in prev. row. So the turning chain changes on what stitch you start with. I use that stitch a lot for dish cloths, it makes it a little nubby, which helps washing dishes. But also makes a nice texture.

Thanks for the stitch pattern.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by catherinekay View Post
    Oh my gosh . . . I watch crochet tutorials when I'm doing other stitches too!!!

Haven't tried the herringbone yet, but learned a new stitch just today. It's called the Grit Stitch (I kid you not).

I used an I hook and WW yarn . . . just do your foundation row

Row 1: sc in first 2 sc, *hdc in next sc, slip stitch in next sc* repeat and do 2 sc in last 2 stitches, ch 1 turn

That's it! Let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Judi, thanks for sharing that about the seed stitch being so well-suited to dishcloths. I wondered how to make them better "scrubbers".

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi rack, I must admit that the ripple pattern is not so easy for me. I've tried a number of times and it looks good for four rows then for some reason I start getting confused at the end of the row and either I have too many stitches or not enough. I get so frustrated I just stop and start on another project. I've been crocheting for 40 years, I just don't understand why I have such a problem with the ripple pattern.
    Last edited by DIANA 1946; 02-11-2012 at 09:17 AM.