Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells_Shelly View Post
    I am officially making a correction on my previous post about MeerKat posting the easy scarf pattern site. It was Bugganok who posted the site. I am still eating my words as I type. Sorry MeerKat for mixing you up with Bugga. Love ya both, ya know
    The scarf is really pretty and gives a break if you've been working on harder projects, yet you're still making something beautiful. Thanks again Bugga Have a great day. HUGS, Shelly
    Oh Shelly, please not to worry about giving credit - I just wanted to be sure you had seen the great simple pattern! No apologies or corrections needed at all.

I'm glad you are liking the scarves made with it. I've noticed that according to what kind of yarn I use, they look a little different. One of the yarns I used is worsted, but what I call "a little fuzzy". It made a lovely scarf that didn't look quite as open, but very pretty.

PS if you have any pre-teen or teen girls on your list, I posted a really cute, simple boot cuff pattern today, too. I'm making some of them to go with the scarves I'd already made.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

2. Likes N/A, MeerKat, Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly what I said only I called it Baling Twine, I lived on a farm when I was young, I remember my Dad baling Hay and the twine looked just like that. They have the nerve to charge an outrageous price for it..

4. Likes N/A, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, I think I will try the RH Treasure, for the Grandsons. I wanted a self striping yarn and I loved the look of the mosaic. But it sure is awful to work with, If I throw a skein of yarn away you know it has to be bad. Glad I could save you some time and money.

6. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if there was a way to wash and soften it? I don't know too much about this, but have heard of this sort of thing being done. Anyone have any exprience in softening yarn?

8. Likes MeerKat, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think there is anyway of softening this yarn. Plus I don't like the way it feels or looks when crocheting, there is no way a softener can make it look right. I don't know if you ever seen Baling twine but if you have there is no way of softening baling twine. It just looks ideous, especially for the price they are charging it is not a cheap yarn.

10. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I won't be looking at the mosaic yarn anymore with a yearning in my yarn heart. Call me a "bad yarn soldier" on this one, but I trust what everyone is saying about this yarn. Thanks for the great information --- HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I saved you some money. It isn't anything against Bernat it is just this one Type. I really like the Bernat satin.

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, and I found it twisted horribly.

16. Likes N/A, MeerKat, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Bernat for many , many years, I got it when I needed something for a baby. This is just this one kind that is bad. I bought it when it was on sale If anyone knows if washing it will help please let us know. another one I picked up is LionBrand Amasing. It feels a lot like mohair yarn. It is 53%wool and 47%acrylic. I make hats for every one in the neighbor and I thought that would make a good one. . Margaret

18. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I said, that it was just this type , the Mosaic, I didn't like, Not all of bernat. I bought some Bernat Satin and liked it.

20. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post