Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Question Super Mario Afghan

I want to make a afghan for my grandson using characters for Mario Bros. My plan is to do a simple single crochet as the afghan and am looking to see what others have done when using so many colors for a afghan.

I've seen examples of a cross stitch for the characters. But am kind of interested in actually putting the characters right into the afghan.

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nanato4 View Post
    I want to make a afghan for my grandson using characters for Mario Bros. My plan is to do a simple single crochet as the afghan and am looking to see what others have done when using so many colors for a afghan.

I've seen examples of a cross stitch for the characters. But am kind of interested in actually putting the characters right into the afghan.

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    8-Bit Mario Blanket - Made from Granny Squares

Try this. It's Mario made with Granny Squares. I plan to try it next year.

3. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe try this link Super Mario Screenshot Afghan it looks kind of cute, but has many color changes. Seems to be free, but be sure to read the comments below it.
    Here's another, CARTOON CROCHET PATTERN GRAPHS PAGE 3, page 6, I think, there is a charge for these.
    and another, Wildflower Sunshine: Mario and Luigi Super Mario Brothers Crochet Granny Square Blanket Patterns
    there seem to be several other types when I googled Mario brother afghan, too. Hope you find one you like. I prefer a solid afghan rather than putting together a lot of squares, but both usually come out really nice.