Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Opinions needed

Post Thanks / Like

Opinions needed

I am planning to crochet a baby blanket for a boy, a solid colour with the outline of a dog in either filet or popcorn stitches. My question is would it be okay to do it in red? Is that too much, should I do a different colour border, or do I need to choose a different colour? I was hoping to use yarn from my stash but the only colours I would have enough of are red and girl colours (I only have granddaughters so I have an abundance of girl colours!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Red would be a great color! Babies see enough pastels. PS -- a popcorn stitch doggie would be really cute and give baby something to chew on and play with the little bumps.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

3. Likes karenlatlas, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that a red baby blanket would be great! They've done studies and found that infants respond very well to bright primary colors. Maybe you could do a border in the same color that you make the doggie in.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

5. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you ladies for your quick replies! I was planning on just red with the popcorn sts for the dog outline
    but maybe I'll try and see if I could do the outline a tan or cream colour for contrast, not sure if it will work with
    only an outline though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karenlatlas View Post
    Thank you ladies for your quick replies! I was planning on just red with the popcorn sts for the dog outline
    but maybe I'll try and see if I could do the outline a tan or cream colour for contrast, not sure if it will work with
    only an outline though
    Since you are doing the dog in popcorn stitch, I think it would look very classy to have it all in one color. (Also, won't show stains either - babies are quite messy, lol.)
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

8. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Annette, you're right babies are messy and this is for a teenaged mom, so I thought the easier
    to care for the better! I will go ahead and use the red and ignore the naysayers! Thank you for your
    input!

10. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love bright and primary colors for baby afghans. I do them (unless asked for a specific baby color) using bright yellows, greens, blues. I agree, have heard that babies are stimulated by the bright colors. And I have gotten more compliments when I used bright colors. So go for it!! It will be loved!!!

LI Roe

12. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! A red blankie for a little boy sounds really nice. I hope you'll share a photo of it when it's done.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

14. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Primary colors are very popular for babies so red would be perfect, in my opinion.

16. Likes karenlatlas liked this post