Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet slipper/sock size chart?

I have seen and saved {soon to be printed } the hat size chart that I found on this site. However, is there a similar size chart for crocheting slippers or socks? Thanks in advance!

2. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great idea! I did some research and did not see one online.

Have any of you who do crochet slippers and socks created something similar? Would love to hear!

4. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never crochet socks and slippers. YET! but i did find this chart is this what yo are looking for?

Foot Size Chart |
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

6. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for asking this question! Every time I try to crochet slippers for myself, following the directions for the right size, they always turn out too big for me. I would love to find something that would help me out too! Hugs!!
    Dinah

8. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    I have never crochet socks and slippers. YET! but i did find this chart is this what yo are looking for?

Foot Size Chart |
    That helps a little, but no, it's not what I am looking for. Like with the hat size chart, need to know how many inches are needed for the base oval of the toe or for the base length & width of the sole to make the right size socks for any foot. Knowing the other information on the link you posted helps, but there needs to be a bit more info. Thanks! =D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahRoberts View Post
    Thanks for asking this question! Every time I try to crochet slippers for myself, following the directions for the right size, they always turn out too big for me. I would love to find something that would help me out too! Hugs!!
    I have made one set of booties for my daughter from a pattern. She was about 12 months at the time, so I started going by the 12 month directions. What I did, though, was test it out on her foot after I got the toe completed to see if it would fit properly. It was a bit too big, so I went to the 9 month directions and it fit perfectly. You could do the same for your slippers/socks {I would do it for myself, too, if I ever make myself some lol}. If it's a pattern where you start with the sole first, just complete the sole and a couple of rounds up to where it will start to go over your foot, then test it, if it fits fine there, continue with those directions, if not, then change to one size bigger or one size smaller. Another thing you could do is if it doesn't work out to the right size, especially if it is a "one size fits all" type of pattern, if it's too big, decrease your hook size by 1 or 2 {so if you're using a boye I hook, use a boye g or h hook instead}... and if it's too small, use a size or two larger hook of course. If changing the hook size doesn't help much, you could always change the thickness of your yarn, as well. Hope this helps =D

11. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the only thing to do is keep trying and adjusting as you go until you come up with the right size you need. But be sure to take notes for the second one. I want to make some too.

Good luck,
    Judi G

13. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post