Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

MeerKat - an Easy Scarf Pattern for you!

Hey MeerKat,

I wanted to share this great pattern with you (and everyone). This goes so fast, and doesn't take much yarn, and looks so pretty. I've made about 10 of these for Christmas gifts!

Easy Fashion Scarf | AllFreeCrochet.com

PS - the pattern says to chain 15 to start, for a 4" wide scarf. I wanted mine a little wider, so I chained 19 and it worked perfectly for about a 5" wide scarf.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    They have so many to choose from. Thanks i usually go there just was busy & forgot??

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bugga for a great scarf. I've been looking for a scarf that is really pretty but easy and quick and this is just perfect. Just one more thing to add to my list of projects but doing a project like this after working on something you have to pay close attention to is a nice break from having to be so careful. I hope that makes sense....maybe I'm the only one who knows what I mean LOL.....HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

4. Likes SweetARoma, MeerKat, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells_Shelly View Post
    Thanks Bugga for a great scarf. I've been looking for a scarf that is really pretty but easy and quick and this is just perfect. Just one more thing to add to my list of projects but doing a project like this after working on something you have to pay close attention to is a nice break from having to be so careful. I hope that makes sense....maybe I'm the only one who knows what I mean LOL.....HUGS, Shelly
    Shelly, I know just what you mean. That's why I was able to make about 10 of these. They are so easy and mindless - basically after you start, you chain 3, single crochet, then chain 3, single crochet. The ones I've made look much better than the picture in the pattern. They have turned out to look not quite so "open" weave as the pattern picture, but look like an intricate pattern. Which cracks me up, since they are so simple.

I've used worsted weight yarn and an I hook. But you know yarns can vary even though they say "worsted." Some of my yarns are more "fluffy" than others, and that makes the scarf look a little different, too.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

6. Likes SweetARoma, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    buggainok thank you I just got online to look for an easy scarf, I finished a hat for GD and wanted a scarf to match.. I would also prefer to have a wider scarf.

8. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm making scarves on the straight loom.

10. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi 9pm but still on. Im interested in your loom you do scarves on, so many out there. Could you do a pic of it on here / maybe with a project unfinished to see. I really would love to see one. I supose for Xmas your a busy gal ? Nice chatting & hope your week & week-end is warmer then MN. Susan M J

12. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    Yes, I will post pictures soon. No, the scarves are not for Christmas. They are for the mission box at church(or mitten drive plus) and a couple of them are for 2 ladies at church because I got some Christmas buttons and the red buttons went good with black and I remembered a lady at church whose favorite color was black or so I thought. So I talked to her and she said she likes all different colors but she has a black coat and I asked what about her sister and she said peach cause she has grey hair. So I have to finish the peach scarf. Haven't done it for a while cause I've been sick. Then I want to put buttons on the scarves. Did you know that you can fold a scarf in half and put it on like you normally would and put the ends of the one side through the folded end?

14. Likes SweetARoma, N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern for this little scarf will be perfect for some last-minute gifts that I need!! Thanks for sharing.
    Roma

16. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a pretty scarf, so lacy! I think I might make up a few of these myself! I've been on a scarf kick for a bit now LOL! Hugs!
    Dinah

18. Likes SweetARoma, seashells_Shelly liked this post