Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know............?

Does anyone know how to crochet side to side like it says to in this pattern?
    FREE Crochet Pattern Easy Neck Warmer

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry Jean Marie, but I looked at that pattern and I don't think very much of her directions. In addition to the "side to side" business, she says sc in first chain and continue around for 20", which doesn't make sense to me either. It isn't at all clear if you are to crochet in the round, or to make rows?

I've never heard of side to side, and evidently neither has anyone else on the internet, lol. I did a pretty good Google search and could find nothing on that term at all.

It was pretty funny to me that you can look at the pattern for free, or download it for 25 cents. I don't think it is worth the 25 cents.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

3. Likes wenda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got the pattern so Ill check it out soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with buggainok, ir doesn't make a bit of since to me. Also the Chain 32 inches and then sc for 20 inches doesn't make any sense at all.

6. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, Do you think she means to crochet the length of the piece instead the width of it then sewing it together after it is worked up? Say if you are doing the width You will crochet say 15 stitches But if you do the length you would crochet maybe 30. Like a sheet of paper is 8 by11. That would give you the stretch in the work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I deleted the Pattern for neck warmer as I got a message not safe sitr??? Dont know what to do so I hurried & copied by hand.....yes Im NUTS. I know I can do something ???? DONT KNOW what so best to delete. MeekKat did you print it out or what ???? Your wiser then I am, Hugs to all who doing this

Post Thanks / Like
    No I didn't print it out. It just doesn't make since, I would find a different pattern or email the lady who wrote the pattern. There are a lot of instructions that are not there to even consider this even a pattern.

10. Likes N/A, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The directions were certainly not clear, but it would make sense to me to make a 32 inch chain, join the last ch to the first with a slip stitch, ch 1 and sc in each ch around and join to the ch 1 with a slip st and repeat the sc rounds till the work measures 20 inches....that should give you a cylinder with a circumfrence of 32 inches and a height of 20 inches....which seems a reasonable size and shape for a neck warmer. Hope that helps....

12. Likes ndlnut, BevLynn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie , I went back and checked the pictures again. I can't tell on the red specaled one but if you go down to the Mulberry Shawl , she crocheted the shortside I would call it the top and bottom sides. she says 23''. And you can make what ever LENTH you want. She says not to make it too long if it is for someone in a wheelchair as it can get tangled in the wheels. Poincianna is doing the mulberry one and wanted to know the same thing. They are both very pretty. I will add my copies of the directions to my stack . Hope you both enjoy the neck warmeers. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Margaret thanks Im going back and checking as I wrote it long handed & I cant read my writing hehe . I have no printer set up YET. I do want Mulberry & Hat also. Thanks agan. I need to learn more about laptop language........ Hugs Susan M J