Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of yarn...

Has anyone here used Smiley's and ordered from the internet? The yarn looks very nice, but I've never ordered from there.

Also, there is a place called Yarn Paradise (another internet venue) that sells groupings of yarn for a flat rate. Has anyone used them?

I'm looking for places to buy very reasonably priced natural fibers, not necessarily wool though. Cotton, silk, maybe bamboo? I've not ever worked with that yarn.

I like very soft yarns, and it's hard to tell what you are getting over the 'net, eh?

Thank you for any help or advice you can provide!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know quite a few people who have boughten from Smileys and never heard any thing negative. Yarn Paradise I never heard of, maybe someone else has heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OKWTink View Post
    Has anyone here used Smiley's and ordered from the internet? The yarn looks very nice, but I've never ordered from there.

Also, there is a place called Yarn Paradise (another internet venue) that sells groupings of yarn for a flat rate. Has anyone used them?

I'm looking for places to buy very reasonably priced natural fibers, not necessarily wool though. Cotton, silk, maybe bamboo? I've not ever worked with that yarn.

I like very soft yarns, and it's hard to tell what you are getting over the 'net, eh?

Thank you for any help or advice you can provide!
    I have not ordered from this site, but my daughter knits and a lot of her friends do, too. They all rave about getting yarn from this place. They like natural, organic yarns. I am an old granny and a cheapskate, I guess. I have a good time with acrylic yarns, lol.

But check this store out. They have a lot of lovely yarn and I think their prices are much less than in the retail stores:

Knitting Yarn from KnitPicks.com
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not ordered from these sites either, I'm with Annette and use mostly acrylic yarns. But my niece has used bamboo yarn and it is very very soft.
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bought from there often I love it the yarn is good quality be sure and read the description over well and if it is a yarn you have never used before look it up on line I bought some that was beautiful but once I got it it was more decorative than what I wanted still don't know what to do with it. I have made several things with the rest of the yarn I have gotten from there. Delivery is fast too you never have to wait more than 2 weeks and I like that the shipping is the same every time. If you have questions you can email them and will usually get an answer with in 24 hours.

6. Likes missro007, trueblue2007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your helpful comments. I really want to give it a try. I'm thinking about trying lace weight yarn, and they had a few choices. The colors I want aren't always available though, so maybe I'll try something different.

I've bought novelty yarn, too cindysue58 and have ended up using the very unusual stuff for borders, or trim.

8. Likes trueblue2007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bought patons bamboo and silk from

I have bought patrons bamboo and silk from Jo Ann had coupons with 50 per cent off am looking for a pattern to make my daughter a shawl I used to do the acrylic all the time but my eyes and all start to itch so am looking for different kinds of yarn I do dollies with the cotton thread so check out Jo Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally went to Smiley's and they have some nice yarn they Had Bernat Mosaic for $3.99 but the catch is with Smileys you have to buy a minumum of $50 it can be a bunch of different types, the total has to be $50. But i can't afford to buy that right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought natural bamboo yarn by Bamboospun at Hobby Lobby for $5.49 a skein this summer. It is so soft. I love this yarn!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard of Bamboo Yarn but have never seen it.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 11-11-2013 at 11:40 PM.