Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ordered yarn from Yarn Paradise. If you get on their email list they have Tuesday promotions, garage sales, etc. They have great yarn. The only problem is the cost of the shipping. I believe the yarn is shipped from Turkey. The prices on the yarn are really low. You usually have to buy 6 or 8 of the same color in lots. Each lot costs approximately $9.00 to ship. If you buy more than one lot, the shipping goes down to $8.00 a lot. I ordered 3 lots once. The cost for the yarn was $18.00 total. The cost for the shipping was $25.00. It is really difficult to justify shipping that costs more than the yarn, especially since you know the weight is very light.

2. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is yarn paradise the web site that just closed down? I will have to look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it. Phooey.

YARN PARADISE CLOSED ITS DOORS ON NOV 3,2013 WE THANK OUR MANY CUSTOMERS FOR SUPPORT DURING THE LAST 10.5 YEARS. WE WILL CONTINUE OUR NEWSLETTER IN A NEW FORMAT WITH A NEW MISSION.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked. I told you the wrong site. The site is yarn-paradise.com ------ note the hyphen. This site is the one I mentioned above and it is still going strong. I got an email from them 2 days ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Yarn Paradise

There is no hyphen in this site's name. This is the one I was referring to, and it has closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still sell for Yarn Paradise/Ice Yarns, so I know they're still up and running. They are the ones with the expensive shipping. I have found wonderful lace weight yarns on E-bay. You might also try Colourmart/UK. Their yarns are lovely. I always check for their e-bay sales first. Happy hunting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions! I don't use eBay as I don't have a paypal account. I found some very nice skeins in a Big Lots store over the weekend. You kind of take it or leave it there, but I ended up with some good deals.

9. Likes tawnyafletcher, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever heard of yarnfactoryoutlet.com? Look at their e tent sales. Great prices!

11. Likes OKWTink liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No! I haven't. Thank you so much. I'll check it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies (and other gentlemen), I cannot suggest too strongly that, if you have a facebook account, post a message to your status letting all of your friends know that you are a crocheter (knitter) and that you do a lot of work for charities such as prayer shawls, preemie caps, chemo caps, shawls for shut-ins, etc., and that you love doing it, but that yarn is so very expensive. Ask them, politely, if they could check around their house and see if they might have yarn that they might not be using, something they might have purchased ages ago with good intentions, but just never got around to it, left over yarn from projects which they might have over-bought for, or even a project which they might have started but they know they will never finish (I'm not above tearing something out to recover the yarn). Let them know that, if they are local, you will pick it up from them, if they are not local, you will gladly pay for the shipping. I posted such a status about 2 months ago and have received yarn from 4 different people. My aunt sent me a box of some scrap acrylic yarn and several nice items that I can use in other craft work. But one lady from my church gave me a green garbage bag full of brand new skeins of Lion Brand Vanna's Choice yarn (very nice, very soft yarn!) and a woman who I went to high school with and haven't seen since, though we are facebook friend, responded. She doesn't work with acrylic yarn. She gave me 2 white trash bags full of only the best hand-dyed wool blend and alpaca yarns. They are so soft and absolutely beautiful! So far, I have not had to pay any shipping either, even though I have offered. Do NOT forget to write a very nice thank-you note, and offer to send them pictures of the things you make for charity. Good luck and God bless.
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

14. Likes tawnyafletcher, OKWTink liked this post