Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much! I purchased 2 different rotary blades online from Nancy's Notions. One cuts evenly spaced holes every 3/8 inch and the other every 3/16 inch. Both fit a 45mm rotary. I can't wait to get them in the mail and get started on some fun gift projects!

BTW the 3/8 inch is called "Edge Perfect" and the 3/16 inch is called "Skip-cut." These blades will work much better for me than manually punching each hole with an awl. I'll never get the holes perfectly spaced and lined up. The blades will give me a perfect look.

Y'all are all the best!
    Shelley

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got those or sholuld say will have them soon. I also have a sharp needle ( looks like a crochet hook) I found it ??? I miss placed it. Luck me. The Fun is coming for us. Have 4 Blankets to do, waiting. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pixieglitter View Post
    hey y'all,

can someone tell me what the tool is called that you use to punch a tiny hole in fabric so you can crochet an edging? I'd like to crochet a trim edging on some things, like pillow cases.

I need to know what the punch tool is called so i can buy one.

Also, have you used one? Is it easy to use? Do you like it and does it really make a nice clean hole in the fabric?

Thank you!
    Shelley
    skip and stitch. Googled it and bought off internet

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a "Sharp Crochet Hook." Come to find out it is nothing more than a #12 steel crochet hook (which I already had). Comparing the two there is no difference. It was expensive for a crochet hook!

6. Likes N/A, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did the same thing. I mistake DOWN ,,,,more to go ??????

8. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add me to the group who learned about the Sharp crochet hook. It really is not much different than the small steel hooks I already had!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

10. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The name of the tool is Bodkin. Just googled for the tool name and then looked up the name in the Miriam Webster online dictionary...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi:
    Long time ago, my mother use a paper puncher, you use it to punch paper holes and paper.
    They are hard to fine, but that what she used to make hole in fabric.
    I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also like to know where to buy one of those tools. I live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Thanks. Gail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I do not own one, I believe that quite afew people use the EdgeryDoo tool to punch holes for crochet edges. Regarding the towel toppers, I just use a steel hook size 3 or a B hook to punch holes and work the first line, then I usually switch to a size G hook to complete it.
    z