Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: LC1499 Update

Post Thanks / Like

LC1499 Update

I am once again on rnd 23 of 25 rnds and there is definitely a problem...the instructions are out of sync on this rnd and maybe on the two remaining rnds. I have worked rnd 24 but it does not resemble the photo. Ripped out rnd 22 twice in case it was a mistake I made. Finally, I had the photo enlarged so that I could see the details more easily. I am hoping this will help. Starting rnd 23 tonight.

2. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck peek!~ I am almost finished with my final round. And when you do round 24, don't crochet your ch 11 too tight, because you will be crocheting into the 5 and 6th chains. I have dubbed this round, the ROUND FROM HELL. lol... But other wise a great learning experience.

OH my gosh!! I am up to my last chain 11 (about 3 inch from finish line) and realized that I chained on 8.....grrrrrr, I will not frog it "AGAIN! I will fudge it and learn by my mistake!! grrrrr

Also, I don't know where you got your pattern from, I got mine from the Coats website and the photo isn't very good.

But I did find a half way decent photo of it at http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/free...s-doily-lc1499. I also had to look at what the pattern looked like on row 24.
    Last edited by rosieh20; 08-12-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    rosieh20 Did you find any problems with rnd 23? I got the pattern from the same website you did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peek. This is where I was on row 24 when I started questioning the pattern. And I think that was when I was skipping the top of the one leaf after you big groupings of DC (had a hard time wrapping my brain around that at first). On row 23 I do know the pattern changes a lot, which had me a frogging more than once! With all the "tr2tog, ch 3, 5 tr in 4th ch of ch-7, ch 3, tr2tog, tr in next 2 tr, ch 3, tr2tog, ch 4, 2 tr in next tr, tr in next 5 tr, 2 tr in next tr, [ch 1, 2 tr in next tr, tr in next 5 tr, 2 tr in next tr] twice,". I swear, I ground my teeth more than one on it!!

But besides that, I followed the pattern :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my finished Doiley setting out to dry!! First time ever. Will never look at another doiley in the same way again I ended up having to get more thread, so there is a dye lot difference showing, but I kinda like it tho. Especially since I can't do anything (or won't) about it. But at least I know I would need two spools if I do this one again

LC1499 Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Rosie, what a beautiful piece. You always do the hard ones. I didn't know you did thread that well. Not for me but you did a great job!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Faye. This was the first time with thread, so it does have it problems And I want to keep doing it also. I was quite surprised at how well I enjoyed it

Post Thanks / Like
    NO, this was your first thread project?? Mine was a tea cup! lol You have a great talent.

Post Thanks / Like
    rosie Great job. I am still struggling with 23 rnd. Working on it this am found that the starting ch 4 probably isn't necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peek, do you mean the chain 4 in round 23? If so, you will need that because you are bringing your 4 dc's grouping from row 22 down to 3dc grouping. Not to mention you need a starting chain. If I understand you correctly that is :P And if you don't it won't be the same pattern, and you will need to adjust the rest.