Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I'm glad you're doing a bit better I know exactly what your going through! The dress sounds beautiful! I made my own shawl without a pattern for my wedding 2 in a half years ago, but that was before I saw any triangle shawl patterns! I wish I would have found or seen a triangle crochet shawl pattern then! It is nice but wasn't sure what I wanted when I started it 3 days before our wedding! Just keep going and good luck! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy Ann just keep on keeping on and you will get it done and look beautiful in it too! I know how you feel with son #2 coming home. My son #2 came home recently too and what a joy he was! I call him my Little Middle Son, because he is the shortest of the 3. He is built like his dad and the other 2 are taller.The oldest one looks like his dad in the face but he's taller than his dad. The youngest looks more like me. Everyone thinks the 2 tall ones are twins. I don't think they look like twins at all. Son #2 rode in the Rain Ride (Ride across Indiana) with his brother and as he rode past me he yelled out really loud "Momma!" I would have never seen him in that crowd of bicyclists if it hadn't been for his yell. It was so funny you can hear me giggling for a good bit on the video after he passed me!!! Enjoy your son while you have a chance and don't get too tired with all the activity that will be taking place. Isn't it exciting?!?!? Hugs to you! redhead/Patty

3. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    All our kids are the best. When our son came back from basic training years ago he was a different person, an adult, a man. He lined his shoes up in his room, folded his clothes, did his laundry, and helped make meals. We went to the Mall one day and he put his arm around my shoulder and patted me on the back. Adult kids are amazing! Shirley

5. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes Shirley, they are amazing.

patty, that was pretty cool. ur son not only looking for u, but being due u Kew he was there.

Amanda, I can't believe u decided to crochet a shawl just 3 days before ur wedding.

Greg went back home Sun. as much as I miss him, I know he's happy. and he swears he will be back in a couple years to live.
    I know he's not a traditionalist in his beliefs of marriage, etc. so I made sure to tell him that no matter how or where, if he gets married I want to be there. he didn't think I felt so strongly about it. so it was good we talked about it. he said if he had to be married to put his girlfriend's son on his ins., he figured they'd do a quick courthouse wedding, and it wouldn't matter if we weren't there. now he knows better!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be the same way, wanting to be there for a "big" day in his life!!!! Have a great day. Shirley