Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile I think I'm getting my MOJO back!

This has been such a difficult time for me, and I honestly feel like I've forgotten sooo much in crochet. I'm still working on the wedding afghan for my son and his finance'. It's a mindless pattern, but it will be beautiful. Slowly but surely.

I finally got my gown, but no jacket came with it. As Mother of the Groom, I needed something. I looked, and looked, and just couldn't decide on what to make, or if it was too complicated to concentrate on right now. So I finally decided to make my own design out of broomstick lace.

I so wanted to get a really nice shimmery yarn, as my dress has no bling to it at all. (some roses though). But as the wedding is coming up, and I was afraid to order something I couldn't see, I settled for Vanna White's (Lion Brand) Glamour yarn in white/silver.

I'm working the whole length at once, so I feel like I'm walking around with one of those long poles with a feather on it! (I have it all on a long dow).

If it turns out like I think it will, I'll post the pattern for everyone. Just pray I get that and the blanket done. It has just been such an effort to crochet.

(Although I have been sick again, but on the bright side, my Parent's house will be ready to show on Sunday. It looks really good, but getting me very depressed seeing it so empty. One other bright note, #2 son is coming home tomorrow night til Sun. for the bachelor party!!!! I just can't wait to see him!

Ok, I should go back to this 280 stitch row!!!

Joy Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like you have a plateful hang in there you will get it all done
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking good thoughts for you JoyAnne

Post Thanks / Like
    You will get it done. I give you credit for doing your own design for the jacket and in broomstick lace, no less. Can't wait to see the finished jacket.

Hope you are feeling better and enjoy your visit with #2 son.

LI Roe

5. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy Ann: My thoughts are with you while you are getting all those things done. I am glad though that the house is ready to put on the market because that is just one thing you can take off the to do list! Happy that #2 son is coming home for a visit. When is the wedding? Must be very soon? Can't wait to see what you are making to wear!

Take care and rest when you can; sorry you have been sick again; don't overdo and get too tired out. Love, Shirley

7. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. I'm only doing a rectangle shawl. I get so hot, I think the jacket would be too much. I'm hoping this will be light enough to cover the arm jangle, but not make me hotter

Wedding is sept. 14. Mya is one of the flower girls. She has a real princes gown! Thankfully she will have petals to toss, or she'd probably be doing cartwheels down the aisle! Lol

9. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is coming up fairly quickly. I think the rectangular shawl is just the perfect thing for you to wear. I know you will be a beautiful mother of the groom! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Shirley. I've been feeling a bit self conscious about my age and weight being in wedding pictures. (Gained a bit talking care of my parents). Thanks for the vote if confidence!

Post Thanks / Like
    You will make a stunning Mother of the Groom! You will be one classy broad!!!! And you will visit with 2nd son this weekend right? I hate having pics taken too. My granddaughter (7) has figured out how to take a video on my phone and I hate that too. Rest when you can, sweetie. Thinking of you. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see pics of this. Just remember to breathe, Rome was not built in a day. It will get done.... Good Luck and have a great time at the wedding!