Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Help

Post Thanks / Like

Help

I am making the fat bottom purse, but I am not sure if I'm doing the 2DC Decrease and the 3DC decrease correctly. Is there a video that i can look at to make sure that I'm doing it correctly? I really love this purse and want to get through with it, but I'm not sure about the decreases. I'd appreciate any help possible. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    sassy here is the video for a dc decrease
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    I can do that but I'm not sure exactly what the pattern means when it says 3DC decrease and 2DC decrease. How do I do that? do I do the double decrease all together or do I do that in the next stitches. I'm just unclear on exactly what I should do. It is the pattern that Jane gave me for the fat bottom purse. I was so excited because I had figured out all the rest and got to that point and I'm sorta at a stand still because I'm not sure what to do. I know it is probably a crazy thing to ask, but I am just not sure. I'd appreciate any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that in 3 different stitches or what? Just really confused on the 3DC decrease and 2DC decrease. I know it is crazy, but it has thrown me for a loop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I answered you some where, Sassy- on the 2 DC DEC you use 2 different stitches- On the 3 DC DEC you use 3 different stitches. Yes they are done the same way except for the number of stitches you use. On one you use 2 and the other 3. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 07-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you. that is what i had started doing, but then started second guessing myself and wanted to make sure. I really appreciate your help. thanks so much.

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    May I suggest something..when you get to the decrease rows..count..you will always have the 18 then 5 then 18..next row is 17 decrease 5 and then decrease and then 17..I think I just did the decrease by going in the first space..pull thru..second going in and pull thru..so you have like a side ways Half double crochet..yo and pull thru...so it would be 18 go in stitch..pull yarn thru..second stitch pull yarn thru..yo pull thru 3 loops..5 stitches..repeat that .then 18..then repeat that on each row ..decreasing rows by 1..like 17..next 16..next 15..all the way down to 5 and then you are done with body..and then LINER goes in..lol..first purse I didn't line..it is harder to do liner after it is together trust me on this. hope I didn't confuse you.

9. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anne- the purse pattern you shared with me didn't have a 3 decrease- did yours? I may be doing mine wrong but they sure are pretty. So I will just keep doing mine the way that I am now. Gotta line mine and then I will have 2 new purses! YEA!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was the one that Jane had given me and it was only in round 36: ch 2, 26 DC in next stitches, 3 DCR, 5 DC, 3 DCR, DC in next 27 stitches, total 63 stitches ch2 and turn. Was I reading it wrong? I am new at reading patterns. I do appreciate any help possible and am thankful for everyone's comments and suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweetie, I am doing the first one that me2la posted- from a chart- and it has HDC and SC in it. I would like to see the one Jane gave you. Is it on here somewhere. Need some new ideas for purse. I am addicted to purses right now. Hugs.----- We try to help each other on here- I have been crocheting for decades but am still learning new stuff.