Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  61
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting...thanks for sharing!

2. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnoholic View Post
    I love to crochet with thread, but haven't seen any new uses for doilies. Would the craft store stiffener used for snowflakes, etc. work? Or is there something special about wallpaper paste?
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the paste will make the doily harder than regular stiffener. Let us know. Annette

4. Likes Landon, mpurcell25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this recently on a craft show, only she used paper doilies and it was beautiful. Want to give it a try. If you want to check it out, try spottedcanary.com

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had many doiles and angels and we stiffened them with elmer's glue and water. we thinned it down with the water. Also One Easter we took a big balloon, blew it up then wraped string around the balloon and poured the glue/water mixture over it. when it was dry we broke the balloon and had a great basket for Easter eggs. My sis made Christmas Balls ,she crocheted them, put a balloon inside it blew up the balloon and stiffened the crocheted ball. When she broke the balloon, she had great balls to put in the tree.

8. Likes Landon, mpurcell25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    One of thge doilies I made had big ruffles around the edge . when the stiffener is still wet make balls of alumium and prop up the ruffle in places. in between the alun. balls spread the ruffle flat . I didn't make many of those they were too hard to keep the dust off .

10. Likes amanda, Landon, mpurcell25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a really neat idea! I hope it looks really nice after words, I wouldn't want to mess up a beautiful doily! Let us know how it turns out! I have seen what you are talking about but I would like to practice with a paper doily first I don't trust myself with such delicates doilys! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

12. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Another idea ,make a circle of about 5 rows out of the thread you are using. Elmer's glue is white while you are using it but will dry clear. I have washed some of my angels by wsishing them in warm soapy water. then lay them out to dry they will be kind of soft while wet but dry nice.

14. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Elmer's glue for my standing crochet Angels and praying Angels it works really good! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

16. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mpurcell25 make sure you share a pic of it when you're finished! Please!

18. Likes Landon, mpurcell25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The craft stiffener would work as well. I assume the wallpaper paste might work out cheaper, however I'm not sure if it is as permanent as the craft stiffener. If you can steam wallpaper off the walls, then the paste is not waterproof, but the stiffener can go through repeated washings.

20. Likes Landon liked this post