Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  295
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I never hurt myself crocheting.....LOL

2. Likes NHall liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    frankiedavis2411: 48 your still just a kid..

Post Thanks / Like

First wave of the zombie apocolypse

Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    frankiedavis2411: 48 your still just a kid..
    I think I am in the first group of zombies. I've been on disability/medicare since my late 30's due to acute degenerative arthritis that sat in after several valiant attempts at repairing a collapsed foot. Along with that Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome along with C.O.P.D. (and I've never been a smoker!) and a case of G.E.R.D. that doesn't respond well to anything have all joined to make the creature I am. As long as I can function well enough to take care of my elderly/disabled parents I'm satisfied. Crochet is a great distraction from pain, worry and whatever else comes my way. So far I've taught my leftie husband, actually way back when we were in high school, and after 20 years apart I've been reteaching him. I've also taught my son from a previous marriage and my leftie stepson.

5. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, MeerKat, Sonnettina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm somewhere in the middle at 54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frankie, Where are you in Texas? I am north of San Antonio. I am also a Leftie. My father's Mother was left handed but no one else in the family before me or after me is a leftie. I had a sweet neighbor lady teach me to crochet and cook when I was 8. And it has been something I have done for a long time. Everywhere I go I have some yarnand a hook in my purse. My grand daughter has a step daughter that is 9 or ten and she wants to learn. Every time I get near her she and I talk about crocheting but it is hard , she lives over on Padre Island. It is nice to have you join us. Margaret

8. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I left Port Arthur after being there my whole life, never wanted to leave until gangs and such took over, now I moved just a couple of towns over to Orange and it is like a brand new planet, people are so much nicer! Speaking of lefties, my aunt is a leftie as are two of my sister in laws. The jury is still out on my grandson, he just turned 4. As a matter of fact I seem to attract yall! My first year of teaching I taught 1st grade and had 9, yep, you saw that right! 9 lefties in my class! No one has ever seen anything like it before or since, it was just a fluke. I just told them to do what the rest of us did with the exception of tilting it the opposite way and ended up with some nice penmanship! Just a couple had trouble but they had so many underlying problems to begin with! Keep your hooks up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the biggest batch of us are 60-somethings. I will be 67 in May, but similar to what Magnolia Blossom said, there are some days when I just can't figure out how I got to be this age. I see it in the mirror, but my brain still can't wrap around the number.

11. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am old lol to~65 but feel like 55!!

13. Likes amanda, Sonnettina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Frankie, I am in Fredericksburg. Where are you 'north of San Antonio'? Grandma Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the hardest thing is to see your parents become disabled, but they had a good life. My Dad biggest problem was his back, but he was fairly active until he was 80 and went into a nursing home when he was 84 and was there 5 months before he died.. My Mother was almost completely pain free until she was 85 and died when she was 89 before she became helpless. Mom was lucky she never became completely helpless the last 2 years of her life she had to go live with my sister.. But could still get around a little bit.