Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Help Please!!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks everyone for your comments!
    ~Tammy~

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Boopie, Have you tried watching the tut in a mirror? I found when I tried to teach lefties to crochet that I had to have them sit in front of me instead of beside me like a rightie. So maybe turning the tut to the mirror and watching it may show it to you the way you would need to work it. Kitty jean

3. Likes boopie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrsga View Post
    I'm a strange lefty..I right with my left had, and eat with my left hand. But I throw a ball with my right hand and crochet right handed..Although my mother did teach me to crochet when I was younger so maybe that is why I crochet with my right hand...
    I have done some reading about left handed people since my son was young and I have found out that left handed people use the right hemisphere of there brain and right handed people use the left hemisphere of there brain...
    So left handed people are in our right minds....LOL
    I am left handed too I do everything but crochet left handed
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    boopie if you crochet by charts you can always put a book up to a mirror to get a left sided look at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a lefty also. I have one son and two grandchildren that are also lefties. I have to use my right hand to work with scissors, but other than that I have no problems with it. Been crocheting for over 50 years and loving every stitch (except one that I may have to rip out)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Gals, I am also left handed. When I started school the teacher tried to make me use my right. At that time my Dad was a school teacher. He went to school and told that teacher, I was left handed and I would write left handed. He made me turn the paper so that it slanted to the right, so I don't hook my hand around. My mother wouldn't teach me to crochet but asweet elderly lady that lived next door took me under her wing and I learned a lot of things from her. About the only thing that is a problem are scissors. But for material and sewing I bought a good pair for lefties and learned to sharpen them myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boopie View Post
    I am getting ready to put an edging on my Dad's lapghan. I saw a picture tut for spike stitch edging. It was right handed and I couldn't quite get it. I have googled the net trying to find a video for left handers.

Does anyone know where I can find a video tutorial for this? Has anyone heard of the single crochet spike stitch edging? It's really neat, and I am thinking an spike edging using bright yellow against the teal blue/green will really make the blanket edging pop!
    Hi, I watch Meladora1 on youtube. As far as I can tell she has at least 20 videos/stitch tutorials. Here's the link:

10. Likes Heart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I posted this twice & it has not shown up. The only thing I can think of is I included a link to the site. If you go to youtube and search for Meladora1 she has a grouping of 20 left-handed video tutorials.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another leftie. When I started school the teacher tried to make me use my right. Till I said something to my Dad. He was a school teacher and he knew the problems that lefties had in school ((( Maybe because we use the different side of the brain. ))) He went to school the next day and told that teacher I was left handed and I WOULD write that way. She made me turn my paper so that it slanted the way my hand went. Look at your hand on the mouse. What is the way a leftie should have their paper. In following directions most will say in next stitch or next group. For a leftie you make the stitch in the next group on the right, a right handed crocheter will go to the next group on the left. THat stitch you are asking about is sometimes called a long atitch and if you are making a double or treble long stitch you are making a post stitch. Glad to have you join us. Margaret