Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Still Having Problem With Kiss Me Bag

I know it is supposed to be an easy pattern, but I am still having some difficulty with it. I can make the shells with no problem and i can crochet in the round, but i guess my confusion is that i started off in rows and then it switches to the round and it keeps saying to skip sc rows and that is what has me confused. here is the link for the pattern:
    Crochet Spot » Blog Archive » Crochet Pattern: Kiss Me Bag - Crochet Patterns, Tutorials and News
    I would appreciate any help possible because I really wanted to make this cute little clutch purse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sassy, I drew a diagram to help explain this. It's so hard to show you with words. If you were sitting by me, I could show you in a heartbeat. Click on the diagram and it will get bigger.

The diagram is of your base, which is 5 sc rows. For the first row of the body, you will do your shells across the base. Then when you get to the corner, you will just keep going around, do not turn. The sc rows they tell you to skip are the first 2 sc rows of the base on the side, then make a shell in the sc middle row of the base, then skip the next two rows of the sc base, but do a sc in it.

Then you keep going around, and make your shells across the other side of the base. When you get to the corner, do the same thing, and skip the first 2 sc rows of the base, make a shell in the middle row, skip the next 2 sc rows of the base. You should then be back to where you started doing the shells along the side. You will then just make shells around and around for each row.

The most tricky part is to get the first row around the base. After you get this first "round" row done, you will not be skipping sc rows. From then on, you will just be doing the shells around and around. Look at the diagram while you read what I said, and I hope it will help. I know how frustrating it can be when something they say is simple just doesn't make sense.

Still Having Problem With Kiss Me Bag-purse-diagram-001-jpg
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette, thank you so much. I started doing that and then I took it out because I was just not sure. Your diagram makes perfect sense and now I know I was doing it right. You are so sweet - thank you thank you. Have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy0212 View Post
    Annette, thank you so much. I started doing that and then I took it out because I was just not sure. Your diagram makes perfect sense and now I know I was doing it right. You are so sweet - thank you thank you. Have a blessed day.

You are so welcome. So glad you figured it out. A while back I was making a really cute bag called the perfect Hobo bag. It was really cute and supposed to be "easy". I looked at tons of comments from people who had made it, and they all said how "easy" it was. There was a little tricky part when you first got to the handle of the bag that I just could not figure out.

Like you, it just didn't make sense to me. I kept trying to do what the instructions said, but I knew I was doing it wrong. FINALLY, I kept looking at the picture, and reading the pattern carefully, and the lightbulb came on, and I got it. I've made about 8 of the bags now, and will give them for Christmas gifts for the gals in my family. I even figured out how to make a cute lining by myself.

If you are interested, here is a link to the bag. PS If you have any problems with the instructions, I do know how to do it now, lol.

Crochet Spot » Blog Archive » Crochet Pattern: Perfect Fit Hobo Bag - Crochet Patterns, Tutorials and News
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you. I love to make hand bags. I love the fat bottom bag and have made several of them and the market tote bag - several using school colors and Clemson and Gamecock colors and they were a big hit. Thanks again and I will definitely try that one too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy0212 View Post
    thank you. I love to make hand bags. I love the fat bottom bag and have made several of them and the market tote bag - several using school colors and Clemson and Gamecock colors and they were a big hit. Thanks again and I will definitely try that one too.
    A good thing about this Hobo bag is that you can make it with only one skein of yarn, which is a big plus when you are making several of them. I made so many that I got to where I could make one in an afternoon of concentrated crocheting, if I didn't take too many coffee breaks!
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the Hobo Bag. been off on my 44 th Ann. & could have missed thes cute , adorable Bag. Thanks for link

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Love the Hobo Bag. been off on my 44 th Ann. & could have missed thes cute , adorable Bag. Thanks for link
    Well, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! We have our 48th coming up in November - if I don't kick him out before then. Just kidding. He is a sweetheart, really.

Glad you caught the pattern for the Hobo bag. It really works up cute, takes not too much yarn, and is only single and double crochet in rows and rounds. Just my kind of project.
    Annette

Dalai Lama

9. Likes N/A liked this post