Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  309
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your funny, Landon...I am laughing so hard! Annette

2. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a mental image of us sitting in a big circle with great big Swami hats, furiously crocheting? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting image...hmmmm..yes I do.

5. Likes amanda liked this post

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple of ideas that work for me, you've probaby already heard them or use them but here goes anyway. I have a small plastic pencil box ($1 or less at Wamart) that I keep my hooks, scissors, stitch markers, tapestry needles, tape measure, pencil and smal notepad in that I take with me when I go anywhere. and another at home that has all the above plus all my extra hooks. My extra yarn is kept in plastic totes and will soon be seperated by color. Yarn bought for specific patterns goes into those wonderful reusable tote bags now availabe wherever you go, and then into another tote box. I have animals so everything has to be put away. I dont know what their definition of a pull skein is, but the finished project looks like a porcupine on steroids! And heaven forbid they get ahold of a ball of yarn! My goal this month is to completely empty out the spare bedroom and sett it up for my yarn. Organized chaos is the best way to describe my crafting supplies at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do now...LOL and I can see my cat interfering

8. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, I've been thinking about some tips to give. - I put my needles on a safety pin and pin to the handle of my scissors. - Like others, I use a pencil box to hold all my hooks. - Whatever I crochet, I make a hard copy of the pattern , write the date on it, who it was for, how much yarn I used, put it in a plastic sleeve, and put it in a 3 ring binder. - I have a box that is about 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 feet square and about 2 in deep. (Hubby is in the traffic counting business and rubber tubing for car counting come in them.) It is the perfect size for my doilies. I keep tissue paper in it to separate the doilies. It stays stored in that little space under the couch. - I have a to-go bag that I keep a pair of scissors (needles attached, remember) coupons for Joann's, and lots of room to throw a project into for the car or a visit somewhere. I NEVER go anywhere without something to crochet. - I store yarn by its kind. ex: baby, Red Heart, Simply Soft, bulky, fun fur, well you get the idea. - I always keep a piece of paper with the project I'm working on. At the end of a row (or round), I write the number of the completed round and start the next round. When I have to put the project down, I make sure that I'm "into" the next round (even if its only a couple of stitches). If I can't remember where I was, I just look at my piece of paper and if the last number is 9, well I know I've started on row 10. I'm trying to get organized. Not an easy feat for sure. Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just starting to get organized again. So far my yarn is a tote bag and my needles and project I am currently working on is in a basket beside my recliner. I have to start getting new supplies, but I am thinking that I want to get a few zippered pencil cases for my crochet hooks for now. I live in a apartment we rent so it is limited on space. BUT BUT I do have a nice size bedroom and I am thinking of moving my space into one side of it. My lap top is in our dinning room along with a shelf for my printer and other things on it. (I also clip coupons so I have a LOT of stuff lol) I have been printing out some patterns which I do have to find a way to organize. I also use pinterest for future patterns..and I use a lot of pdf formats for later use too. I rename the files so I can find what I am looking for easier. Since I still do some graphic stuff I have varied folders on my computer reserved for everything. I also have my favorites booked marked on my computer..lol. NOW just to get the other stuff organized and get back to crocheting..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have a good way to keep scissors from running away from home? I am always losing mine, and I must have 5 or more along with one of those round cutters which I put on a string around my neck. As long as my head doesnt fall off, I cant lose that. (I hope)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just leave mine on table next to me..If they are not there my brazen cat knocked them on the floor..they are easy to grab if I have to take a friend for shot in her back and I take crocheting along

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mpurcell25 View Post
    I just leave mine on table next to me..If they are not there my brazen cat knocked them on the floor..they are easy to grab if I have to take a friend for shot in her back and I take crocheting along
    I've tried that, but if the cats knock them off, the dogs grab them and I'm afraid they'll get hurt. I've also tried tying them and attaching them to my recliner, but then tails get tangled in them, The best I've been able to come up with is a favorite coffee mug next to me to keep them in, which works as long as I remember to put them back! Just thouht I'd see what others have come up with.